Please Be Truthful

NYboy

Songster
10 Years
Nov 12, 2009
White plains
When living at home someone gave my father 4 ducklings. They grew up to be I believe Perkins. My dad would let them free range all day, as sun went down they would put themselves in coop. If anyone was in the yard they would run over looking for food. I don't know if I would call them tame, but they where not afraid of people. 40 years later it was love at first sight with East Indie Ducks. But I never saw any for sale. One day on sister site a link was posted to a breeder. When I contacted breeder he had 1 pair left. he told me they where young and would bred in April. I bought the pair sight unseen and had them mailed to me. I was shocked when I unpacked them. They both had giant balls of dried fecal matter stuck to there feet. They where very nervous and flighty. They would go into a panic when some went near them. This is my question I have had them for about 2 months with no change. When I go near their pen they panic. Will they ever became tame like the Perkins ? WAS getting adults a mistake ? I am not use to a pet that fears me and panics at sight of me. Any hope for these beautiful ducks ?

East Indies are very nervous and flighty birds. It'll take a long time to tame them down. But they'll never be tame like Pekins are.

A giant species grabbed me and put me in a cramped box, and my box was moving and unstable a lot of the time. There were scary noises and the sounds that these giant species make all around me at times. There was nowhere to go potty, so I had to poop on my feet.

When the box is not jolted around much anymore and opened, there is another one of the giant species! They have me in a pen now, and have been trying to get close to me!! How could I trust any of them again! When they try to get close I'll sound the alarm and flap to keep them away!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom