Please can anybody help

Sammydove

Chirping
Jul 18, 2020
Please could anybody offer me any advice. I have a chicken who I have been treating with what I think is vent glee. She has been having loose dihoreea for a while now and I was bathing every couple of days. I was advised to try rooster booster, so after salt bath and drying off we started rooster booster on top of vermin x capsules for breakfast and also changed to a different layers pellets. I did this for a week. I also treated a few lice she had and checked rest of the 2 chickens. After salt bathing every 2 to 3 days I also applied cream to vent. Also done for over a week. Today lady was dirty again and so bathed this morning. This afternoon the picture in the comments Is what her vent was like and there was some blood too. I have now bathed again for 20 mins dried off and isolated in darkness. But I am very unsure on what else I can do to help her. I must stated she hasn't been having any snacks or fruit and veg etc and is super well In herself. No lice visable now and is very happy exploring. Thank you so much picture in comments
IMG-20220619-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20220619-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20220619-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20220619-WA0004.jpg

I'd treat her for coccidiosis at your earliest convenience as cocci and their eggs are present in every square inch of soil on the planet AND they are opportunistic parasites that will gladly take advantage of a young, old or otherwise unwell chicken. Cocci are ingested by chickens regularly, but when they're ill, young or old, the immune system of your bird can become compromised, requiring treatment with medicine. The generic name of the medicine is Amprolium. It is cheap, readily available, and easily administered to all of her sources of water (changed daily). No need to withhold (not use) eggs she may lay while treating, either. In addition to all that, this treatment will NOT harm her in any way shape or form when used as directed on the package EVEN IF she's not suffering from a cocci overload. Do not give her any nutritional supplements that contain Vitamin-B while giving amprolium. DO GIVE HER supplementation AFTER the course of treatment is complete.
If a veterinarian is unavailable, you may consider treating her with a broad-spectrum dewormer as well, as many are invisible to the naked eye and can cause these sorts of symptoms as well.
Keeping you and your feathered family in my prayers.

Back
Top Bottom