please don't say half of them are roos?

sydney13

Songster
Mar 11, 2010
Massachusetts
here is my brahma chick who is 2 weeks old. she is a lot more calm then the other chicks and she isn't as active which makes me thing that she is a pullet but she is also smaller then the others and ive heard that roosters develop slower.
it might be to early to tell but would you say shes a roo or pullet?
50920_rscn8326.jpg

ok here is my ee so what do you think?
50920_dscn8309.jpg

and here my jersey giant
50920_dscn8054.jpg

here is my orpington
50920_dscn8293.jpg

and here is my other chick who you probably cant tell the sex from this photo but do you think she looks like a golden laced cochin?
50920_rscn8318.jpg

and finnaly this is my barred rock, what sex do you think
50920_dscn8322.jpg

Last edited:
Is the chick's picture taken at 2 weeks old because boy is it small and underdeveloped if so. Mine looked like that at 3-4 days old and by 2 weeks their body feathers were coming in. Do you have a side view of the chick? We have been able to sex LB by feather length, but we also have both sexes to do a comparison.

Quote:
i have a pic of the side view but my computer will not let me upload it
roll.png

acually i just checked and really it is only 10 days olds but is much smaller then the other chicks who are the same age and is not developing a tail feathers yet
do you think its maybe a bantam lb?

Last edited:
do you really think half of them are roosters? i ordered 25 pullets and then tried picking the 6 that had the smallest combs. i think the brahma is a roo but the jg has a small comb and the orpington is the largest with the largest tail
hu.gif

here is a pic of them so you can see the size difference
50920_dscn8363.jpg

Last edited:
Seems too early to tell. I'm curious how people are choosing gender on all of them so soon. I don't know some of those breeds well, but nothing looks obvious to me.

Back
Top Bottom