Please, everyone post pictures of your shabby and chic coops here

I used pallets and I had some 1.5" insulated wallboard I stuffed inside the openings, covered it w/ window screen wire inside as they WILL pluck at it and eat it!! I have it up on cement blocks - it's not fancy but it works. Keeps them warm in Montana winter and it really is cool inside in summer (coop is better insulated than my house I think!). :p

I used some old fence wood I had for siding. I have a small flock now but I will be adding on this spring. this very basic design is easy to ad onto, just a few more pallets! I got mine for free so I spent about $25 on the 1/4" mesh for the floor (ventilation) and had window screens around to pull apart to cover insulation inside. Roof is the only thing I still need to finish. It's got the insulation w/ a tarp right now til I figure out my expansion project. hope this helps. There tons of idea for pallets out there in the etherworld!!

Seems pics didn't turn out right.....

I used pallets and I had some 1.5" insulated wallboard I stuffed inside the openings, covered it w/ window screen wire inside as they WILL pluck at it and eat it!! I have it up on cement blocks - it's not fancy but it works. Keeps them warm in Montana winter and it really is cool inside in summer (coop is better insulated than my house I think!). :p

I used some old fence wood I had for siding. I have a small flock now but I will be adding on this spring. this very basic design is easy to ad onto, just a few more pallets! I got mine for free so I spent about $25 on the 1/4" mesh for the floor (ventilation) and had window screens around to pull apart to cover insulation inside. Roof is the only thing I still need to finish. It's got the insulation w/ a tarp right now til I figure out my expansion project. hope this helps. There tons of idea for pallets out there in the etherworld!!

Seems pics didn't turn out right.....

How do you clean inside? Can you take a photo of the outside too? Thanks for sharing with all the info.

We had an old woodshed on the property that was just housing mice. So we turned it into the coop. I'll have to take a pictures of the outside and run, but here's what we did inside. We kept 4' in front for storage, the shed is 8x12:
Okay can't wait for the outside photos!

No we have very harsh winters so I insulated with fiberglass insulation then a sheet of plastic and put up the 2'x4' OSB I got from work and painted it with an assortment of left over paint Looks kinda like an Easter basket. I put sheets of styrofoam insulation on the ceiling and sheets of paneling from an old house we are tearing down over that.
Neat! I like the different colors, that looks cool.

Pallet coop - purchased plans $9 from my pet chicken but I bet you can google them. Pallets were free, we hammered from the underside then used the forked side of the hammer to remove boards then even straightened the nails and reused them. The paint was Oops paint from Home depot. We found the tar paper in the trash heap from a construction site and the handles too. Even the 4x4's were discarded

Hope that helps
I was in 4-H too!

Caroline

Pallet coop - purchased plans $9 from my pet chicken but I bet you can google them. Pallets were free, we hammered from the underside then used the forked side of the hammer to remove boards then even straightened the nails and reused them. The paint was Oops paint from Home depot. We found the tar paper in the trash heap from a construction site and the handles too. Even the 4x4's were discarded Hope that helps I was in 4-H too! Caroline
It does thank you! Thanks for taking photos from different angles. Getting the oops paints is a great idea! 4-H is an amazing program. This is my daughter's third year and my son's first.

Blown away! Would you like to come over and do my coop?!?! Absolutely lovely!

Sure!!!!!! I look at it this way, I never had a 'play house' as a kid, so this is it! or i can just say my husband sends me to the 'coop' when i am bad instead of the doghouse. LOLOLOLOL

It was really more of a labor of love and sweat than anything else. Hubby and I built it with no plans or anything. First time shed builders we were. My parents were building a new house, so I must admit, a lot of the 'supplies' to build it came from there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom