Please, everyone post pictures of your shabby and chic coops here

Still a work in progress but the girls love it

Here are some of mine from today... definitely should be filled under "shabby."

It's simple, and made from thrown out and cheap items... and guarded by Maida (her story is part of the My Coop link)

The entrance...you go in through the run, a 10x20 chain link fenced area with shavings from the local saw mill for flooring. I got the waterers from TSC and feeders are old rabbit feeders/dog bowls. I put in a stump from a recent tree cut as well.

I put in large welded wire for the run of the roof.

Just before the coop, I have my chicken tractor (2x4 welded wire space and abandoned dog house) for my twin roosters.

After entering, you go back to the coop area (photo taken facing run), a 10x10 dog kennel thrown out by someone moving.

I have a flood-light in due to constant predator threats, and tarps blocking the wind from the coop.

My nesting boxes were a thrown out cabinet. We took out the front and left the side doors for easy egg access, also putting tin on as a roof.

I put a 10x10 dog kennel cover on the coop from TSC. It blocks dibry and some sun...now I need to solve the heavy rain and snow issues...

Finally, what I use to discourage digging: logs from tree cutting. I have a dog who dug into the coop before, but hasn't since the "installation."

Here are some of mine from today... definitely should be filled under "shabby."

It's simple, and made from thrown out and cheap items... and guarded by Maida (her story is part of the My Coop link)

The entrance...you go in through the run, a 10x20 chain link fenced area with shavings from the local saw mill for flooring. I got the waterers from TSC and feeders are old rabbit feeders/dog bowls. I put in a stump from a recent tree cut as well.

I put in large welded wire for the run of the roof.

Just before the coop, I have my chicken tractor (2x4 welded wire space and abandoned dog house) for my twin roosters.

After entering, you go back to the coop area (photo taken facing run), a 10x10 dog kennel thrown out by someone moving.

I have a flood-light in due to constant predator threats, and tarps blocking the wind from the coop.

My nesting boxes were a thrown out cabinet. We took out the front and left the side doors for easy egg access, also putting tin on as a roof.

I put a 10x10 dog kennel cover on the coop from TSC. It blocks dibry and some sun...now I need to solve the heavy rain and snow issues...

Finally, what I use to discourage digging: logs from tree cutting. I have a dog who dug into the coop before, but hasn't since the "installation."
lol it looks like they're camping... i love it!

Back
Top Bottom