Please explain what this means

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
Can someone please explain what this means. I'm not sure if I have it right.

Blue Genetics:

Blue X Blue = 50% Blue, 25% Black, 25% Splash
Blue X Black = 50% Blue, 50% Black This is the combination I use. It helps to keep a strong blue color in the line.
Blue X Splash = 50% Blue, 50% Splash
Black X Black = 100% Black
Splash X Splash = 100% Splash
Splash X Black = 100% Blue

Does it mean

If you cross a Blue and Blue you could get the % of chicks above

Like Blue X Black, means A Blue hen and Black roo or the other way around, could give you, 50 % Blue chicks and 50% Black?

Thank You.

My Black Ameracaunas just produced a blue chick ,

Was very unexpected
lol.png
Hopefully it's a roo
fl.gif
I need a blue roo.

Who Knows with my luck it's probably a pullet
fl.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
Well, you could still breed it to a black roo, and maybe get a blue roo from that hatch. I'm a glass half-full kind of person, I guess.
roll.png

Since it's a blue I will use it in my breedings either way, just for once I'm really hoping it's a roo
lol.png

I just got some blue girls, if it's a roo i am hoping to make splashes ASAP !
big_smile.png

If you breed blues to blues many times and produce many chicks, you will get the percentages that you list.

If you do one clutch of eggs, in theory, you will get 50% females and 50% males and half of them will be blue, a quarter of them will be black, a quarter of them will be splash.

However, the figures only hold over large numbers of hatches. In any individual hatch, it is possible that you will not get the statistical average. Everybody has herd of clutches that all turned out to be male, not half and half. Your colors might arrive in different amounts, too.

I don't want to seem like a moron, but is the blue x black for example, a blue roo to a black hen....or does it matter who is black and who is blue????

I have never dealt with this blue gene stuff before. I guess I should have paid closer attention in science...........but heck, they were talking about white peas or something. I think I was sleepy in class:D

Quote:
Thanks I only have had RIR's and EE's I'm into Orpingtons now and working on color.

flowerchild59 I think it is either way.

Back
Top Bottom