PLEASE help!! 9 weeks old chick not walking

The coccidia "look" I was referring to is how she acts/looks. Standing around looking droopy, especially her wings, with her feathers all fluffed out like she is cold, and not paying much attention to anything going on around her or sleeping a lot. I don't usually see blood in poops.

This is a learning experience. Unfortunately, I have lot too many chicks learning how to diagnose and treat coccidiosis.

I learned most of it right here.

The coccidia "look" I was referring to is how she acts/looks. Standing around looking droopy, especially her wings, with her feathers all fluffed out like she is cold, and not paying much attention to anything going on around her or sleeping a lot. I don't usually see blood in poops.

This is a learning experience. Unfortunately, I have lot too many chicks learning how to diagnose and treat coccidiosis.

I learned most of it right here.
I'm trying to find the picture of the paralyzed one that had coccidiosis. That one didn't have the "look" either and I was so sure the necropsy was going to find Marek's, but it didn't. Surprised many people.

-Kathy

Yes she is not puffed up and seems alert, just her legs are weak and her poop is too green.
Kathy I just gave her some more corid. I eye measured a drop as I use a old syringe from my kids medications.

I dont want to think Mareks yet as some people say it shows at an older age and she was 2 weeks when the leg issues started
I am watching the tube feeding videos to learn. How do you make a tube like that?
I will keep you all posted till the end and I hope it will be a happy ending with all my heart
hugs.gif

Just general ill thrift , lethargy and eventually the inability to stand are the classic symptoms of cocci. The fact that you have seen blood goes some way to confirm it. Most people don't have the luxury of a good avian vet and I hope you don't feel I was trying to pressure you , one way or the other, just trying to cover all bases. If Kathy guides you along with the tube feeding at least it will be getting the nourishment that it needs. Treat the cocci and then look after the wry neck. That's what I would do.

Yes she is not puffed up and seems alert, just her legs are weak and her poop is too green.
Kathy I just gave her some more corid. I eye measured a drop as I use a old syringe from my kids medications.

I dont want to think Mareks yet as some people say it shows at an older age and she was 2 weeks when the leg issues started
I am watching the tube feeding videos to learn. How do you make a tube like that?
I will keep you all posted till the end and I hope it will be a happy ending with all my heart
hugs.gif
You can buy the tube from a vet or medical supply store and some pharmacies might have them. Or you could buy some aquarium air line, some people say that works.

35ml or 60ml catheter tip syringe

Kaytee Baby Bird Food

Here is a hen of mine getting some medicated water through a tube. Tube used here is a size 18 french, which is what I would recommend for you. Anything smaller and it's more difficult to get the food to flow through it.

Good morning
She is the same today. I just gave her corid with syringe. She ate some chick food. I move her to the food and she takes a few bites. Her poop is still green but a little less grainy. I will be looking today for the tube feeding supplies thanks Kathy.
Today is 3rd day with corid. It has to be at least 5 days with corid right? I want to go back to vitamin b as soon as I can but taking coccidosid out of the possibilities first it feels like the right thing to do.

I made a mash with her chick starter, yogurt and milk.
It is very hot today almost 100F. I wanted to put her on the sun for some d vitamin.
Now she is on a shady grass and she is eating some.
Is the hot bad for her?

Here she is today, and her poop :

The toes on her right foot look a little curled to me. Do you have or can you get some B2 (riboflavin)? You could give that with the Corid.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom