PLEASE HELP ASAP! ROUEN DUCK

Peel all the bugs of that you see, If it is poultry mites, than we will have to take further caution to treat him fo them, and KEEP HIM AWAY FRON THE FLOCK, and if you've been dealign with him, change your clothes and was your hand before touching the rest of the flock. That is VERY important! Now, try and clip the feathers back and determine the bugs that are on him. After clearing the wound, send us pic of the open damage. DO you have vetrycin? If so, spray him good in his wound with it and wrap around hid head. If you don't have vetrycin, squirt Neosporin in the wound and and wrap around his head with vet tape. Send us pics of the open wound

HELP!
Something attacked my duck! (Could of been another duck, I dont know!) He has sores on the back of neck and is bleeding. He is also holding his head funny. He isnt moving his head or neck.
He is walking a bit, but mostly sitting.
Not eating (even mealworms, his fav) or drinking.
His poop is white.
That is my plan to get the spray and clean it.up tomorrow. Hes still not doing much. Someone said something about putting electrolytes in the water too?? I'm not sure about that.
@casportpony @shawluvsbirds @Isaac 0

Can you show us some better photos of the wounds on his head and of the inside of his beak bill?
I agree, it looks like maggots are in the nostrils. I am not familiar with Duck bill anatomy! (or ducks)

The OP, has two threads going on.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/my-duck-was-attacked-need-help-with-wound.1406139/

@AshleyNicole06 , What we've yet to see is pictures of the wounds, and the inside of the duck's mouth. As I suggested in your other thread, you need to bring him inside, away from the flies. You can do the basic wound treatment I suggested earlier, but it makes it very hard for us when you provide us with only little snip-bits of information, and when we're not able to see close-up pictures of the duck's wounds, and mouth.

We need to see what you're seeing.

The OP, has two threads going on.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/my-duck-was-attacked-need-help-with-wound.1406139/

@AshleyNicole06 , What we've yet to see is pictures of the wounds, and the inside of the duck's mouth. As I suggested in your other thread, you need to bring him inside, away from the flies. You can do the basic wound treatment I suggested earlier, but it makes it very hard for us when you provide us with only little snip-bits of information, and when we're not able to see close-up pictures of the duck's wounds, and mouth.

We need to see what you're seeing.
Okay, I can try to get some pics. Hes a little naughty.
I do have 2 threads, the other one is different.
There are no bugs anywhere else on his body that I can see. Just the nostril.
He will barely move his neck, but he did lift his head.
He is drinking water with electrolytes in it
Still not eating.
He is in a kennel INSIDE.

Back
Top Bottom