PLEASE HELP ASAP

Rburke

Hatching
Apr 20, 2021
Hi there my 1 year old hen has started getting a little bit of a poopy but the last few days and today i checked and she has this sticking out of her vent. It is hard and almost looks like maybe a malformed egg? I put some gloves on and tried to see what was going on and it seems to be stuck. I’m not sure what to do without hurting her or making things worse. I don’t know what it is.

Attachments

• 6F439D8E-73B6-46B0-836E-3E6AE5DA5C4C.jpeg
    6F439D8E-73B6-46B0-836E-3E6AE5DA5C4C.jpeg
    441.1 KB · Views: 22
Is she acting stressed and lethargic? Eating and drinking any?
She is walking around with her flock mates and pecking around like normal. I can see that it is not attached to any skin or anything around her vent area but something she will need to push out, i have been sitting here and haven’t seen her poop yet.

Hi there my 1 year old hen has started getting a little bit of a poopy but the last few days and today i checked and she has this sticking out of her vent. It is hard and almost looks like maybe a malformed egg? I put some gloves on and tried to see what was going on and it seems to be stuck. I’m not sure what to do without hurting her or making things worse. I don’t know what it is.
Here is what I would do:

Soak her well in a tub with warm epsom salt water for some 10-15 minutes and try to carefully get the stuff off her vent to allow for a better assessment of the situation.

Does she eat and drink normally?
Does she seem in any pain and can she walk normally?
When did she last lay an egg?

Here is what I would do:

Soak her well in a tub with warm epsom salt water for some 10-15 minutes and try to carefully get the stuff off her vent to allow for a better assessment of the situation.

Does she eat and drink normally?
Does she seem in any pain and can she walk normally?
When did she last lay an egg?
Okay, i will try a soak. She is walking around foraging normal, she doesn’t seem in any pain and is letting me assess the situation without freaking out. I’m not sure when she last laid i have 6 girls and we don’t get a full 6 eggs daily yet so I’m never sure who’s laying and who’s not.

No, it is smooth it almost feels like a tumor but looks like an egg, it’s kind of mucousy

Back
Top Bottom