please help.... chick died ):

chicken head34

Songster
9 Years
May 29, 2010
middleburg
hit.gif
my dad whent outside to see my chicks this morning and one was shakeing and by himself..... my dad said he picked him up and he seemed fine, he put him back in and he ran with the other chicks and seemed fine...... he died later
hit.gif
.He didnt have any symptoms he just acted like everyother chick, and then this morning..... dose anyone know how? what should i do with the other chicks?
he.gif

they where a month and a week old.... the lady we bought them from said they didnt need a heat lamp, and some other people said the same thing:(

It seems to me chicks may need a heat lamp until they are six weeks old, especially if it is cold. So you might consider a heat lamp or something to keep the chicks a little warmer.

the others are fine there acting like normal chickys!
smile.png
my dad had a theory, the lady we bought them from put them in a box, and when we got home we cut a hole in the box and made it so they could go in and out.They sleep in it at night its adorable
love.gif
, but they peck it in the day time ( i guess when there bored) and my dad thought they maybe eating pieces of the cardboard and its swelling in there tummys or necks..... i took out the box just in cause it was true. Dose anyone know?
hu.gif
i may put a heat lamp in there tonight, but its pretty hot at night here in florida, dose anyone in florida have any suggestions, about the heat lamp?

i still have a heat lamp at night on my babies, but I'm over protective.. hehe. I have it so if they get under it they can, but if they don't then they can get away from it. I'd try it at night and see if they stay under it, you can use a reg 100 watt lamp bulb so it won't be too hot. If they stay under it most of the evening then they probably still need it, if they stay away from it like the plague, then they probably don't.
big_smile.png

Okay thanx! ill try that tonight, im just scared ill over heat them.
sad.png
do you know anything about them eating cardboard i mean is it alright if they did eat it, it wouldnt have been alot if they did.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom