Please Help Chicken won't Stand at all!!

Another question she just pooped and it was watery with odor where as before it was normal. Is this due to stress because diet has been changed and my working with her?

Watery poo can be from drinking more water...diet.change or other issues. Just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get worse. As for the sling...try it for a few hours at a time. This will be less stressful for her.

This is so hard. My mind is so very tired from trying to figure out ways to help her. I'm so afraid that if she lays too long it will cause other damage so I've been getting her up and trying to work with her. She looks exhausted, I'm exhausted. I did buy a calcium supplement and mixing it with cracked corn and rolled oats.
She just pooped again and its brown with the consistancy of a thin gravy but not like water and still has odor to it. I have to wash her butt everytime she goes but at least she is going i think this is a good sign.
I turned her on her back and she did pull both legs in but the weak one still has no toe movement. She is strong in her wings and I'm making her use those as a little bit of exercise.
She does like her head rubbed (puts her right to sleep).
Hopefully the hormones made her too big for her legs and with a good diet and me working with her legs and a little weight loss she pull throught this. I'm not giving up on her and i won't let her give up either.
Oh i almost forgot i don't know how fast chicken feathers grow but has what appears to be feathers growing on her bald sides that weren't there yesterday there like fuzz. Do feathers grow that fast?
I apologize for all the questions but as i said in an earlier post i know nothing about chickens I'm just rolling with it and learning along the way.

I have some wonderful news!! I'm getting slight movement from the nonfuctioning leg when i pull it way foward the leg shakes and she tries to pull it back and at the end of range of movement i got her to move her toes a little bit : ) i have a very positive outlook at the moment.

Thank you so much Smoochie the website was wonderful and by the pics to compare my little chicken is normal for the situation. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom