Please help! Do I need to put coconut oil on pip?

Pics
Try candling. I've seen stuff as early as day 2. I think you'll be surprised if there are any fertiles. I think you definitely got sent old eggs. How big are the air cells? Sometimes that's an indicator of age. I would candle to check of course, and only pull a couple of the definitely bad ones. I would really not pull any until a week at tge earliest, but if it smells really bad and is oozing you'd better pull it. Just take out all of the eggs, clean the bator really well, and put them back. Don't wash the eggs. Is the day 19 spitz in with these? Some people just don't keep track of the age of the eggs well. Does it say in the product info on EBay that the eggs will be fresh? If so, definitely contact the seller. What all other eggs so you have in this batch? Any far along ones? I just had a batch of ducks hatch a month or so back that were set on May 31st. It's nice not having to count, all you have to do is know the date. Lol.

The Spitz that's in lockdown is all by itself in the NR360, so not in with anything that could cause problems, thankfully. The other eggs in with the stinky ones, in the Incuview are some Cream Legbar's, Cream Brabanter's, gold Brabanter's, and I believe that's it. The Incuview has been plugged in for a while now and it's been holding steady without any spikes or dips in Temps. It still makes me very nervous but I didn't have anywhere to put the eggs. I wasn't expecting them all at once and didn't want to risk the 1 Spitz since it was going to be going into lock down so soon after receiving the eggs. I didn't want to put any with the Seramas either since they're so sensitive to everything.

The Spitz that's in lockdown is all by itself in the NR360, so not in with anything that could cause problems, thankfully. The other eggs in with the stinky ones, in the Incuview are some Cream Legbar's, Cream Brabanter's, gold Brabanter's, and I believe that's it. The Incuview has been plugged in for a while now and it's been holding steady without any spikes or dips in Temps. It still makes me very nervous but I didn't have anywhere to put the eggs. I wasn't expecting them all at once and didn't want to risk the 1 Spitz since it was going to be going into lock down so soon after receiving the eggs. I didn't want to put any with the Seramas either since they're so sensitive to everything.
Ok. I think once the spitz hatches (day 20 today, yay!) I would put the best looking eggs in the NR. What are the Seramas in?

Ok. I think once the spitz hatches (day 20 today, yay!) I would put the best looking eggs in the NR. What are the Seramas in?
The Seramas are in a Brinsea, the smaller incubator. The seller suggested that or one other brand (I can't remember the other one) because she says other incubators are not as gentle while turning. The other one was maybe the janoel (?)

The Seramas are in a Brinsea, the smaller incubator. The seller suggested that or one other brand (I can't remember the other one) because she says other incubators are not as gentle while turning. The other one was maybe the janoel (?)
Oh ok. That's good. I've heard a lot of good things about them. I had a Magicfly (same thing as Janoel) and it was decently gentle, but I just didn't like it that much. Hopefully they hatch! Seramas are so cute.

Oh ok. That's good. I've heard a lot of good things about them. I had a Magicfly (same thing as Janoel) and it was decently gentle, but I just didn't like it that much. Hopefully they hatch! Seramas are so cute.
I really like the incubator but don't like the size. I do feel like it's just too much, if that makes sense. I still haven't come across a thread showing the angle the egg is turned, matters. Maybe that's for something else. I know that I won't use a lot of the options and feel like it's overpriced because of these options, especially for someone that won't use them.

I really like the incubator but don't like the size. I do feel like it's just too much, if that makes sense. I still haven't come across a thread showing the angle the egg is turned, matters. Maybe that's for something else. I know that I won't use a lot of the options and feel like it's overpriced because of these options, especially for someone that won't use them.
I do think the Brinseas are too expensive by a lot. What do you mean by the turning angle? If you ever want to resell it I'm sure you'd be able to. People seem to snatch the Brinseas up regardless of the price.

I do think the Brinseas are too expensive by a lot. What do you mean by the turning angle? If you ever want to resell it I'm sure you'd be able to. People seem to snatch the Brinseas up regardless of the price.
It has several different turning options and one of the options is the turning "angle". I'm not the smartest person but I've read a lot of incubation threads and I've yet to see anything about the angle. Now, you're aware of my ADHD, so you know there's a chance I'm completely mixed up, but that keeps sticking out in my mind. I haven't tried incubating duck or goose eggs yet (talking about getting a certain breed of goose eggs from an awesome member on here is what got me into incubating) but I hope to be better at incubating by the next Goose Egg season, so I can add geese to my flock. I also need to add some ducks as I sadly lost another drake Friday evening :-( I'm at a little better balance (still not an ideal Drake to duck ratio) but they seemed to work well together and treated their duck, TomTom, like the free ranging queen she is. She's lost both of her "husbands" now. I must admit that I am seriously impressed with my free ranging Drake and how he's stepped up to Tom's side.

Side note, I am soooooo bad about rambling on and on and on and over sharing. Please overlook me during these times. It's painfully obvious that I don't have much adult human interaction :oops:

I'm considering trying to sell the Incuview. I wanted to love it so badly. I wanted to have a difficult choice in deciding which incubators I kept. The choice was made for me though. I LOVE the NR360 and other than the price tag and features I'll never use, I really like the Brinsea.I like the Incuview too, but I just can't trust it after so much trouble

It has several different turning options and one of the options is the turning "angle". I'm not the smartest person but I've read a lot of incubation threads and I've yet to see anything about the angle. Now, you're aware of my ADHD, so you know there's a chance I'm completely mixed up, but that keeps sticking out in my mind. I haven't tried incubating duck or goose eggs yet (talking about getting a certain breed of goose eggs from an awesome member on here is what got me into incubating) but I hope to be better at incubating by the next Goose Egg season, so I can add geese to my flock. I also need to add some ducks as I sadly lost another drake Friday evening :-( I'm at a little better balance (still not an ideal Drake to duck ratio) but they seemed to work well together and treated their duck, TomTom, like the free ranging queen she is. She's lost both of her "husbands" now. I must admit that I am seriously impressed with my free ranging Drake and how he's stepped up to Tom's side.

Side note, I am soooooo bad about rambling on and on and on and over sharing. Please overlook me during these times. It's painfully obvious that I don't have much adult human interaction :oops:
I don't think angle matters much. I've never even thought about the angle until now. I wouldn't worry about it. I think you're doing everything in your power right. Geese are so cool. You'll love them. They're incredibly intelligent for birds. I've heard good things about American Buffs. I'm sorry about your drakes! That's so sad. It's great that your other drake is taking good care of his new "wife".
Oh, day 21 today! Anything on your spitz? ❤
I enjoy talking with you, I don't mind your "rambling" at all. 😂

I don't think angle matters much. I've never even thought about the angle until now. I wouldn't worry about it. I think you're doing everything in your power right. Geese are so cool. You'll love them. They're incredibly intelligent for birds. I've heard good things about American Buffs. I'm sorry about your drakes! That's so sad. It's great that your other drake is taking good care of his new "wife".
Oh, day 21 today! Anything on your spitz? ❤
I enjoy talking with you, I don't mind your "rambling" at all. 😂
Unfortunately I haven't found any movement in the last 3 days. Is there anything that would cause development right up until hatching? When candling, the chick looks small too. This isn't the first time this exact thing has happened. I don't know what I'm doing to cause so many failure to hatch's.

I know this will sound awful but in the back of my mind I've started wondering if someone could be doing something to cause death right before hatch without my knowledge. I think I'll start keeping hatch date quiet and see if there's a difference. My daughter and I have been so excited about this Spitz. I decided to leave it in the incubator, just in case :-(

I'm planning on ordering a small scale to track weight loss. Maybe something with the humidity is killing them.

I don't know. Some of Mally's eggs are incubating. Her eggs are so dark brown that it's difficult to see what's going on. She's been running from Blue lately so fertility is questionable.

The eggs that I took out of the Incuview (to clean behind the rotten egg) were easily candled. Half of them were developing, which is surprising. You're right, I could easily tell which ones were developing, except for Mally's.

Thank you so much for your help. I am truly grateful for you and all you do.

Back
Top Bottom