Please help! Do I need to put coconut oil on pip?

Pics
I'm just seeing this! I stopped getting notifications. I've had a lot of trouble with not getting alerts lately. That's sad about the Spitz. You never know though. It might be ok still. Could you post a candling pic? Any veins?
That is an interesting theory. I don't know what could be done to "sabotage" the hatching though. Is there anyone in your home that dislikes the chickens that much? That's really sad if it's true, quite a waste of time and money. Hopefully that's not it.
The humidity can't easily be messed up. Did you salt test the hydrometer? I never salt tested mine, but they've been checked against a few things and seem right. The hen can't control the humidity, sometimes its super high (rainy days) sometimes super low (hot and dry days) and their hatch rates are just fine. I just make sure it' high enough for lockdown, and keep it in the 30s-50s until day 18.
Which ones could you easily see development in? Mally's will be a surprise, lol.
A couple of Spitz, some Brabanter's, and both of the Crested Cream Legbars (paid for and received 4 but 2 were broken beyond repair when I received them). Out of the order of Spitz eggs, I had to toss 2 or maybe 3. Two of them were bad eggs with the one stinky/seeping egg and one stinky egg.

A couple of Spitz, some Brabanter's, and both of the Crested Cream Legbars (paid for and received 4 but 2 were broken beyond repair when I received them). Out of the order of Spitz eggs, I had to toss 2 or maybe 3. Two of them were bad eggs with the one stinky/seeping egg and one stinky egg.
That's good some are developing!

Ok. Any other pips on the other Seramas? How many viable serama eggs did you put into lockdown?
4 Seramas still looked good last time I checked them on Day 15. I was planning to check again tonight and go into lockdown, but they beat me to externally pipping. I don't see external pips on the other 2.

One of the 2 possibly pipped into a vein. I thought about taking it out and trying to make a viewing hole, but I don't know.
It should be fine. I had one that pipped the tiny end and a vein a little bit ago. I think the malpositioned pips and nicking a blood vein go hand in hand.

Back
Top Bottom