Please help! Do I need to put coconut oil on pip?

Pics
I don't see any veins in the CCL. The CCL is fussy but doesn't seem to be able to move around, if that makes sense. Of course I could be completely wrong
Misted the egg and added the Sponge. Humidity back up to 65% since opening
I believe Mally's other egg is gone. No veins, no movement, and everything seems "settled" into the side that's been down

Mally's chick thinks the CCL's that hatched a couple of days ago, are its mama's. I figured it'd be okay to put everyone together since they're only a few days apart in age. I'll have to keep a close eye on them. I feel like the CCL needs assistance but I'm trying to hold out. I believe it did pip in a vein but it looks like everything has been absorbed

I don't see any veins in the CCL. The CCL is fussy but doesn't seem to be able to move around, if that makes sense. Of course I could be completely wrong
Misted the egg and added the Sponge. Humidity back up to 65% since opening
I believe Mally's other egg is gone. No veins, no movement, and everything seems "settled" into the side that's been down
Ok. What I think you should do with the CCL then is just open the air cell. Be careful and stay in the air cell of course. Then when it's open, apply the coconut oil and take a pic. Post it here. You'll be able to monitor the veins much better this way. That's too bad about Mally's egg. Humidity sounds good.

Mally's chick thinks the CCL's that hatched a couple of days ago, are its mama's. I figured it'd be okay to put everyone together since they're only a few days apart in age. I'll have to keep a close eye on them. I feel like the CCL needs assistance but I'm trying to hold out. I believe it did pip in a vein but it looks like everything has been absorbed
Awww. Yeah, putting them together is fine. Have you named any of them? If you think it needs help it might. Open the air cell like I said and go from there. It won't hurt it, and it's the first step in case it needs assisting.

I may be mistaken but I believe the external and internal pip are the same, should I zip for it or just peel up through the air cell. Sorry, that's what you said so I will peel the shell from the air cell, apply coconut oil, and take a picture. Wish my luck. This always makes me so flipping nervous, but I don't want to lose this chick, if I can help it. I don't like assisting either but........ Going to lock my bantam pullets up and then going inside to start

I may be mistaken but I believe the external and internal pip are the same, should I zip for it or just peel up through the air cell. Sorry, that's what you said so I will peel the shell from the air cell, apply coconut oil, and take a picture. Wish my luck. This always makes me so flipping nervous, but I don't want to lose this chick, if I can help it. I don't like assisting either but........ Going to lock my bantam pullets up and then going inside to start
Yes it is also the internal pip. No worries, yeah just open the air cell. Don't be nervous, you can do it. I'm locking up the hens right now too.
It will be just fine. You're doing the best you can for this little one.

Having a difficult time. The shell is strongly attached to the membrane and keeps tearing the membrane. No bleeding but I put it back since it kept tearing membrane. Is this OK?

It was softly cheeping the entire time I was peeling egg shell. Not sure if I should continue or wait. The last time I assisted I was able to peel the shell away easily. I gently chip away tiny pieces
20200810_204511.jpg

Back
Top Bottom