Please help don't know what to do

Okay that's good news, maybe make her some eggs or mashed potatoes and see if her appetite returns, monitor her droppings, cheak her abdomen to ensure its not swollen or hot which may indicate a internal layer problem that she may have developed, its hard to say what's really going on but if she continues to be lathargic I'd do a tetracycline antibiotic for five days, if no response I'd try to treat for cocidiosis , I'd deworm her with safeguard (fenbendazole) or Valbazen , start a really good probiotic like big ole bird from southland organics and honestly just watch her every move , see if you can get a fecal done at your vets offfice

Sometimes their stomachs turn sour or their gizzard gets a weird shaped rock and can get inflamed. It can cause them to act pretty sickly for a while. That's the only thing I could think of with your description of avoiding solid foods (had a parakeet that did this) soft food can allow it to recover. I was taught at a rescue center that yogurt and lemon juice was a miracle cure for sour stomach in birds. Vinegar is used to kill salmonella in chickens before they are processed, if she has an imbalance a little vinegar can wipe it out but should be replaced with good bacteria. But great news! Im glad she's getting better
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom