Please help, duckling at stake!

Tipping a bird upside down comes with a lot of risks; a lot of the time feed, and water may fall back out of the esophagus, after which the birds may inhale. Apple cider vinegar has no effects on a blockage, and squirting it into a bird this young could easily prove fatal - they have a limited sense of knowing how to properly swallow feed and water so easily inhale matter.

If the bird is still drinking water by itself, I would try adding an electrolyte, or poultry vitamin such as Sav-a-chick, or Nutri-dench to keep her hydration, and nutritional levels up. Any foods offered should be mashed Finley, and moistened down for easier eating. Hopefully, you can get your hands on something you can dislodge the feed with. Small fine, aquarium tubing, with the tip melted down, may work.

We went and got the sav a chick, and have been trying to get her to drink again. No where near us has that feeder tube in that size, but we're still looking and trying to find out all our options before moving forward with just trying the other tube like suggestions

I want to thank you all for the advice and help you've given to us over the last 24+ hours, on our issue we've been having.
Unfortunately Tulip has not made it despite our best efforts to clear the blockage and get her/him the sav a chick for nutrients via liquid to help bolster strength.
Though Tulip's passing hurts despite the small time we cared for her/him we will be doing our best to move forward with the positive of we still have two healthy ducklings to raise out of the three we got.

I want to thank you all for the advice and help you've given to us over the last 24+ hours, on our issue we've been having.
Unfortunately Tulip has not made it despite our best efforts to clear the blockage and get her/him the sav a chick for nutrients via liquid to help bolster strength.
Though Tulip's passing hurts despite the small time we cared for her/him we will be doing our best to move forward with the positive of we still have two healthy ducklings to raise out of the three we got.

So very sorry for your loss, you really did the best you could have done.

So sorry for the loss of Tulip. You tried your very best. She was definitely loved. :hugs
Sending well wishes to you and the other two ducklings.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's hard losing pets but it's nature.

Back
Top Bottom