Please help duckling emergency

Yesterday I took all 3 babies and let them swim in the tub. The one that had a sore neck swam but didnt dive like usual. Figured where she was sore she just didnt want to. All day yesterday everything was good she held her neck up more although she would still keep her neck down alot. Last night I held her for the longest time rubbing her all over and she would close her eyes and peep quietly like she was so content. This morning I went out to check everyone and she was dead. I guess there must have been something neurological with her from birth. Hurts to lose a baby. I have her wrapper in a pillow case and soon as the sun comes up I will bury my baby. Her name was Lucky.

Yesterday I took all 3 babies and let them swim in the tub. The one that had a sore neck swam but didnt dive like usual. Figured where she was sore she just didnt want to. All day yesterday everything was good she held her neck up more although she would still keep her neck down alot. Last night I held her for the longest time rubbing her all over and she would close her eyes and peep quietly like she was so content. This morning I went out to check everyone and she was dead. I guess there must have been something neurological with her from birth. Hurts to lose a baby. I have her wrapper in a pillow case and soon as the sun comes up I will bury my baby. Her name was Lucky.
Oh I’m so sorry! I absolutely hate it when you loose one. But it’s comforting to know you did the best you could for her.:hugs

Ok the 2 ducks I have left are not eating much, and not as vocal as before the other died. I assume they are sad as well? I put them in the tub tonight for s swim and one did great diving and cleaning but he smaller one didnt dunk like normal and splashed very little. When I took then out the bigger one preened and fluffed herself as usual but the smaller one didnt use his preen gland at all and did very little to fluff himself and dry off. What the heck is happening?? They are 5 weeks old and before the one died everyone swam, chirped very loudly and preened like champs. I have a video I will try to get posted on youtube and share the link here. You can see what I mean by the small one just not grooming much at all. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Ok the 2 ducks I have left are not eating much, and not as vocal as before the other died. I assume they are sad as well? I put them in the tub tonight for s swim and one did great diving and cleaning but he smaller one didnt dunk like normal and splashed very little. When I took then out the bigger one preened and fluffed herself as usual but the smaller one didnt use his preen gland at all and did very little to fluff himself and dry off. What the heck is happening?? They are 5 weeks old and before the one died everyone swam, chip red very loudly and preened like champs. I have a video I will try to get posted on youtube and share the link here. You can see what I mean by the small one just not grooming much at all. Any ideas?

Video

Back
Top Bottom