Please help! Goose having problems standing.

Ps. From the parrot, the vet told me to put him in a box lid closed. In a quiet place, holes of course, for breathing.

Looking back, I think this helped tremendously. Mainly to save the parrots energy and help it to get lots of sleep between feedings. I think you may have him in a carrier? Perhaps drape towels to darken his area, or put in dark room, with lots of ventilation, to help him get as much rest as possible. Hopefully will aid in recovery.

How often and how much should we tube feed him a day? Any suggestions for what we should tube feed?
You should start with warm fluids. Give 14 ml per pound of body weight, wait 60-90 minutes and repeat, then do it one more time in 2-4 hours.

Once hydrated you can tube Kaytee Exact baby bird food. Give 14 ml per pound of body weight 3-4 times a day.

Hey! Sorry for the lack of updates. We've had a busy week trying to tube feed and work and go to early holidays and it's literally the worst time this could have happened, LOL.

He looks better! His poop has started getting consistency back to it (though it still is wet most of the time). He's still having trouble walking or standing but we're hoping it gets better after a few days of consistent feeding. I'm not holding my hopes too high though, I've seen so many threads of people where their birds seem to get better then pass unexpectedly. All I can do is hope we can get him up and out of the bathtub soon, lol.

Hey guys. I just wanted to update on him.

He's doing a lot better it seems, but still not really eating on his own (he's trying now, though, which is good!). He's still being tube fed but also now going out for a few hours a day to walk around and keep his leg muscles going and hanging out with his girlfriend. We are hoping he will start fully eating on his own soon so he can join back up with the others.

Here's a picture of him with his pomeranian girlfriend, Vespa (
EMlM1vuXYAE31zv.jpg
She's physically crippled in a leg and has angel wing but she does fine. Her leg has been messed up since we got her, the lady caught her in a net as a baby and she never stopped limping :( She gets around well though! Very sassy, and my spoiled princess.

Small update, I prob wont update again until he gets better or something major happens!

Hes eating small amounts on his own now. We are still giving him the b12 and tube feeding daily. Had a solid bowel movement tonight, brown with flaky white over it. He. Ate a piece of it? Ew lol.

Hoping he gets better soon. I want him out of the bathtub lol. Also getting tired of wrangling him and prying that death trap open to feed. Hes also been honking at any little sound I make in his direction now.

Back
Top Bottom