PLEASE HELP hem won’t stop screaming

Lucy Kenevan

In the Brooder
Jul 15, 2018
We have a Mille fleur hen is is always yelling for no reason. We live in the city and so our neighbors can all hear her. She is so loud and annoying that we are thinking of getting rid of her so that our neighbors don’t hate us. All the rest of our hens are pretty quiet. It seems like when she yells she wants to be let out of her coop, but we can’t just let her out every time she yells. Is there anything that we can do to quiet her down? We really don’t want to get rid of her

I've heard of no crow rooster collars, mabey it would stop her sauaking. You could predator proof your run, and let them be out all day.(hardware cloth, birdied wire, electric fencing roof, ECT...)

Just be careful.... In my experience if you rehome a particularly loud bird, one always seems to step up to fill the void! Someone has to tell the rest of the girls that a leaf is falling, or the wind is blowing or that a beetle flew by! :he I've always got one!

I have birds that just like to be heard, often, and at high volume. It's who they are, and I have a daughter and granddaughter of a very loud hen who have followed the same pattern. It's irritating at times, but cute too.
mary

Back
Top Bottom