Please help ID this baby.

Are you planning on keeping this chick? If yes, is there any way you can get a another chick of a similar age to keep her company? Having two chicks will also make flock integrations easier.
I have seriously considered getting her a buddy or finding someone who is already raising some this age.

I found this little one outside at work yesterday and do not know the age, sex or breed. Can anyone please help me figure this out?
View attachment 2376708
***Update*** She seems to be feeling better after a day of love, food and heat 🥰 I’m still not sure what breed. Several think BSL but those speckles and hawk like face are leading me to Ameraucana , Easter Egger or Barnvelder?? I may never know if it happens to be a mix which is likely
View attachment 2377175

I definitely didn’t think it was a pure breed of Ameraucana since most are cross breeds due to the possibility of passing the lethal gene. I’m hoping that when she finishes feathering out I’ll have a better idea. She was not feeling great when I found her and was definitely in need of heat and nutrients. I do the best I can and will post another update soon
Just gonna say: it's actually Araucanas with the lethal gene. Ameraucanas were developed as Araucanas with no lethal gene.

Back
Top Bottom