Please help ID this baby.

Do you have any other chickens?
You've done a great job. Do you have a heat lamp? She's a bit young to be off the heat. She's also huddled, which is a bad sign. I hope it's only that she's cold.

Has she eaten or drunk anything since you found her?
Yes, she’s thin but started eating as soon as we offered food/water.

I would agree with two weeks old. I doubt it's a black sex link, but both breed and age are too early. I would say a mix, though. Poor little cutie.
The pics I’ve seen of sex links of similar age range do not look like this. She has a hawk like appearance in the face/beak and the mottled pattern on the feathers makes me think about an Easter Egger or similar but an unsure

Yes, but they are several years old and we raised them from 1 day old chicks. We thought one of our broody girls would be a warm companion but it was a no go. We are keeping this little one indoors for now because it’s too cold here
Are you planning on keeping this chick? If yes, is there any way you can get a another chick of a similar age to keep her company? Having two chicks will also make flock integrations easier.

The pics I’ve seen of sex links of similar age range do not look like this. She has a hawk like appearance in the face/beak and the mottled pattern on the feathers makes me think about an Easter Egger or similar but an unsure
They don't look like they have muffs or a beard, though I guess some of them don't. I would just post updates when they get their feathers in.
On a side note, it would be a very good idea to get them a buddy.

They don't look like they have muffs or a beard, though I guess some of them don't. I would just post updates when they get their feathers in.
On a side note, it would be a very good idea to get them a buddy.
Much perkier tonight 😍 these pics may give a better perspective

Attachments

• D69CC5DD-CD39-48CD-B4BF-065F0351C42B.jpeg
    D69CC5DD-CD39-48CD-B4BF-065F0351C42B.jpeg
    536 KB · Views: 19
  • 24657658-D6AE-4DA4-B403-8EA52EBEFED5.jpeg
    24657658-D6AE-4DA4-B403-8EA52EBEFED5.jpeg
    413.6 KB · Views: 20
Looks female. Maybe a BSL.
It also looks like it isn’t feeling well.
It was pretty cold and hungry. She’s thin but immediately ate food when offered. Feeling much better after a few meals and some time under the lamps

Attachments

• 6FDD59FD-D3F1-4321-B62B-072EC45E8788.jpeg
    6FDD59FD-D3F1-4321-B62B-072EC45E8788.jpeg
    536 KB · Views: 13
  • 01B80314-C27A-4B4F-A82C-2DFD7BFB01B5.jpeg
    01B80314-C27A-4B4F-A82C-2DFD7BFB01B5.jpeg
    413.6 KB · Views: 15
I found this little one outside at work yesterday and do not know the age, sex or breed. Can anyone please help me figure this out?
View attachment 2376708
***Update*** She seems to be feeling better after a day of love, food and heat 🥰 I’m still not sure what breed. Several think BSL but those speckles and hawk like face are leading me to Amer
E6C6AA55-24AC-45A8-BFC3-8AFE380B443C.jpeg

***Update*** She seems to be feeling better after a day of love, food and heat 🥰 I’m still not sure what breed. Several think BSL but those speckles and hawk like face are leading me to Ameraucana , Easter Egger or Barnvelder?? I may never know if it happens to be a mix which is likely
View attachment 2377175
Not an Ameraucana, those are SUPER rare, not an EE, those look a lot different, and barnevelders have different markings as chicks.
She, in that pic, from yesterday, looks like she isn’t feeling well.

Back
Top Bottom