Please help!!....I'm new.....Incubating Turkeys and chicks......

ALLBEEF

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 27, 2012
So I went out and bought a couple of GQF 1266 incubators.......I ran one for at least 24hrs to make sure the temp was steady......I set 24 chick eggs and 7 turkey eggs on March 31......candled on April 14.....could see movement in all turkey eggs.....and could see movement in all of the chick eggs I checked.....didn't check but 7-8.....all were good.
The chicks started to pip on Thursday April 19....by friday evening I had 8 chicks......but no more. No movement, pipping, nothing. I cracked open 2-3 eggs last night April 22....and I had one almost fully mature but dead chick and 2 about half formed.
I watched the temp like a hawk.....keeping it at 100... I don't think anymore is going to hatch. I candled my turkey eggs last night and I didn't see any movement....I'm scared they are going to do the same thing......This has been very discouraging....especially on my very first hatching!! Not to mention all the money I have in the 2 incubators, eggs, and my wife wanted me to start on a 8x8 coop plus a run this weekend!! Doesn't look like I'm going to need any of that!
Any suggestions??

Thanks!

I am Glad you got the 8 so many don't get any their First attempts .. Hopefully you can just TRY again .. Humidity can be a Huge Factor .. Too much too Little on and on .. There is a Ton of information in the Learning Center. It is hard to get three people to totally agree and so many variables such as the Type of Incubator your climate the room it was ins temperature .. Sooo Much One could write a Book on it .. Ohh That's right they have Several in fact.. But I think you Will find an abundance of information here, and if you ask specific questions one of these nice Folks are bound to have answers for you .

Thanks! Not exactly sure what to ask...lol...I guess what does the humidity need to be to incubate turkey eggs......my turkeys are what I am concerned about.....I have about 60eggs that I put on this weekend.....maybe a bad mistake...but I know they arent going to hatch on the kitchen counter.lol
I'll try to keep the temp at 100....but I've heard evverything from 35% humidity to 60% during incubation and 65% up during hatch...what is correct???.....my first turkey eggs should be coming off this coming weekend....I got my fingers crossed!!!

Back
Top Bottom