please help me and my cat! we dont know what it is *pics*

Quote:
Like a bot fly worm?

Yes, thats it. We would cut them out at the clinic I worked at.
Some ppl call them wolf worms.

Last edited:
it looks worse now and we still don't know what to do. we arn't sure what it is so we don't know which one of the things everyone said is the one we should use and it is too expensive to bring him to the vet.

Well ... here's what I would do if I were you.....

1) Google 'hot spots on cats' ...look for images and compare. Also google 'bot worms on cats', 'wolfworms on cats' and any other possibilities the folks on here say it is. Again, look at images see what looks most like what you cat has.

2) For whatever looked most like what you cat has, google home remedies for that ailment and look for one that maybe you already have the stuff to use or is less expensive.

Another option is to look for a local animal shelter that specializes in cats, explain that you can't afford the vet and see if maybe they will look at your can and give you suggestions for care. I don't know if they will do it for you but one would think they've seen most every ailment and may be willing to help... maybe offer to donate some time helping at the shelter if they will help your kitty.

we googled it but still don't know what it is. we might bring him to the animal shelter to see if they could help like you said

Does the sore have a bad smell? is it weeping stuff and making the fur around it matt? If it has a Putrid smell, it is most likely an absess. If it is severe you will NEED to take the cat to the vets to get it drained, otherwise, if it is mild, What i have done is squeeze it so as much of the pus would come out, and then put a diluted betadine solution on it, it usually fixed it for mild cases.

I would wash the wound with a saline solution, which is salty water and trim the fur around the wound for it to dry out. if it just seems to be a bloodied sore, but take a good wiff and see if there is a funky smell that makes you wanna scrunch up your nose.

http://www.cat-health-guide.org/cat-hot-spots.html

Hot Spots or Acute Moist Dermatitis: Hot spots are usually a result of self trauma and resulting infection that occurs as your pet tries to relieve itself from some pain or itch. Treatment includes thorough cleaning, topical and systemic antibiotics, and anti- inflammatory agents.

Last edited:
I think it smells a little like a dog but my mom thinks it smells normal this is kinda weird talking about how my cat smells hahaha
gig.gif
and the fur around it is a little wetish or matted i guess

Quote:
If it smells horrible and makes you wanna heave its Pus ( thats how i can tell my cat has an infected wound YUKKIY) or if it oozes yellow/clear goo when Squeezed. but i would give it a wash with salt water solution, which is easy to apply with cotton balls.

Do you or any family members have any areas that are red and/or itchy? Ringworm is very common in cats. Family members can get it from handling the cat. I've had it from my cat. It's not a big deal and cleared up with an anti fungal but you really need someone knowledgeable to diagnose the problem before trying several treatments and possibly injuring the cat or causing him behavioral problems such as avoidance of handling. A woods lamp (black light) can sometimes diagnose the ringworm but not always. A fungal culture is the best way. I started treating my cat's spot and my spot with an anti fungal before the results came back. Cut his hind nails so he doesn't do more damage.

Back
Top Bottom