please help me figure out the problem with my duck egg!

Ploptheduck

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2018
IMG_2424.jpeg
IMG_2386-1.jpeg
IMG_2426.jpeg So I have this Muscovy duck egg that I found all alone. It was already kind of cold, but I couldn't just leave it alone, so I took it back and put it under a heat lamp, pointed side facing down. I bought a thermometer and hydrometer and am trying to keep the temp at a constant 99-101 degrees. I keep some wet maxi pads in the little container I made to keep the air moist, and also have the egg surrounded with ripped up newspaper so that it would be closer to a nest type thing. I know I have a slim chance in getting this thing to live.
It started out looking like a very young or infertile egg. I thought it would just stay clear, but a dark spot that floats around when you turn the egg developed in it, but I don't think I can see any veins(it's about day 10). It doesn't stink or look any weird color, but I'm not sure why this dark mass developed with no visible veins. Also, it looks like the yolk burst and is just floating around in there.... I can see the contents(yellow and white colored) inside the egg float around whenever I move it. I'm so confused about what this means. If anyone has ever experienced this or knows what's going on, please help!! I will attach pictures from the first day we got, and then now. The picture that looks like an all white egg with low lighting is when I first got it, the more orange ones are now.

Attachments

• IMG_2386-1.jpeg
    IMG_2386-1.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2427.jpeg
    IMG_2427.jpeg
    309.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2428.jpeg
    IMG_2428.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2424.jpeg
    IMG_2424.jpeg