Please, help me identify peafowl gender?

Silver Gray

In the Brooder
Nov 20, 2017
Note that the two images are of different birds?

Attachments

• IMG_20171120_175622.jpg
    IMG_20171120_175622.jpg
    623.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20171120_175524.jpg
    IMG_20171120_175524.jpg
    728.5 KB · Views: 31
I agree that the first is a Cock. The 'rusty' flight feathers is an easy way to tell Cock from Hen as well as.. notice how the difference in the barring across them. Cocks will have more barring while Hens will be darker with less barring. The second pic is your Hen :) CONGRATS

I agree !
In April / May 2019 the peahen will lay her first egg ... will the male be fertile ??? suspense .... !
It's better when the peacock is one year older than the hen !

I agree that the first is a Cock. The 'rusty' flight feathers is an easy way to tell Cock from Hen as well as.. notice how the difference in the barring across them. Cocks will have more barring while Hens will be darker with less barring. The second pic is your Hen :) CONGRATS

I feel so excited to have them. Was questioning the integrity of the person i Got them from. Took forever for them to be delivered to me. Thank you so much for the insight:clap

I agree !
In April / May 2019 the peahen will lay her first egg ... will the male be fertile ??? suspense .... !
It's better when the peacock is one year older than the hen !
Woo-hoo!

I'm not sure of their age. All I got was its better for them to be young for easier domestication. Ill guess they are of the same age, their weight and built are very similar.

Any idea what I can feed them. I've been giving them grains and fruits left over.

Thank you so much

Woo-hoo!

I'm not sure of their age. All I got was its better for them to be young for easier domestication. Ill guess they are of the same age, their weight and built are very similar.

Any idea what I can feed them. I've been giving them grains and fruits left over.

Thank you so much
Up at the top of the Peafowl Forum page you will see a 'STICKIES' section of some of the most useful subjects from this forum. The delve into many subjects about housing, feeding, and care of peas, very well worth the reading.

Back
Top Bottom