Please help me read and understand the necropsy report

XAshleyX

Songster
Jul 6, 2022
Connecticut
Hi. Can someone help me understand what caused her death and if there is anything I should do to my existing flock to prevent this?

Attachments

• IMG_3762.jpeg
    IMG_3762.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 38
Fatty liver disease (not contagious).
Main cause is too much high calorie and high fat treats like scratch, black oil sunflower seeds, suet, etc.
Thank you. This is more so what I'm looking for in regards to reasoning. I can read the report and understand the diagnosis/ results. I posted this rapidly while at work in between meetings without much time to explain myself. While I can read the report and Google information regarding the diagnosis, my question is if anyone thinks this is directly related to anything I've done and if there are preventative measures I can take to ensure my existing flock remains healthy. For example, I read somewhere that minimal treats, exercise, and selenium are good protective factors against fatty liver disease.
Does anyone have any suggestions regarding ways I can protect my current and existing flock?

Any recommended feed brands? My flock currently consumes Natures best organic all flock crumble

Attachments

• IMG_3763.png
    IMG_3763.png
    595.9 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom