Please help me!!!

help224

Hatching
May 24, 2019
Hi, I just found an orphaned baby goose, and while looking for instructions on how to care for it, I ended up finding this website. I am not even one hundred percent sure that it is a goose, but it is a baby with fluff, no feathers and I was hoping that I could get some pointers on how to even start to care for it. Thank you!

Hello, and thank you for answering my post. I live in New York, a few hours above NY city. As of right now I cannot post any pictures of it, but I am fairly certain that it is a Canadian Goose. Right now my goal is not to keep it forever, but just keep it alive. I do not have a feed store close to me, but if you could tell me what it should eat, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I just found an orphaned baby goose, and while looking for instructions on how to care for it, I ended up finding this website. I am not even one hundred percent sure that it is a goose, but it is a baby with fluff, no feathers and I was hoping that I could get some pointers on how to even start to care for it. Thank you!

If you have any feed stores that sell poultry feed, you should start there. Take the bird with you and hopefully someone at the store can identify and help you find the correct feed as both duck and geese need unmedicated feed. Finding just geese feed is very difficult where I live but they do have poultry feed that can be supplemented. Ypu need to see what percentage of protein is in the feed and if it is too low then give the geese/bird other forms of protien

Take the bird with you and hopefully someone at the store can identify and help you find the correct feed as both duck and geese need unmedicated feed.

Just a quick note on this :) It's not true that ducks and geese can't eat medicated feed, unless it's medicated for blackhead. Most medicated feeds are fine to feed them. However, they don't need medicated feed, so if you can find an unmedicated feed, it's usually preferable to use that.

If you have any feed stores that sell poultry feed, you should start there. Take the bird with you and hopefully someone at the store can identify and help you find the correct feed as both duck and geese need unmedicated feed. Finding just geese feed is very difficult where I live but they do have poultry feed that can be supplemented. Ypu need to see what percentage of protein is in the feed and if it is too low then give the geese/bird other forms of protien
Thank you, I will start there.

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 3.46.52 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom