Please help mw

What happened to the rooster? There must be a reason for such a lot of injuries.
She said she just went there one day and
IMG-4eb2d6f655a4ec7e73b383217098203d-V.jpg
found it had a broken leg. It was fine for all these days, today it just went downhill. Here is one pic

If there isn't a possible vet to set the legs. And he isn't breathing correctly. It doesn't sound good. Culling may be the best, you don't want him to suffer. Idk how well chickens heal from broken bones either.. Anyone know?

Is he eating drinking?

If there isn't a possible vet to set the legs. And he isn't breathing correctly. It doesn't sound good. Culling may be the best, you don't want him to suffer. Idk how well chickens heal from broken bones either.. Anyone know?

Is he eating drinking?

Is he eating drinking?
Culling? Pls I am very fond of this chicken.. If it dies then.. Anyway, its weaker than usual. It lost weight. It doesnt eat. She's using a syringe to feed him.
IMG-099560960008920a52e30fdfaecf824e-V.jpg

Culling? Pls I am very fond of this chicken.. If it dies then.. Anyway, its weaker than usual. It lost weight. It doesnt eat. She's using a syringe to feed him.
When exactly did this happen? Meaning since when is he as handicapped that he cannot walk or feed himself? Noticeable weight loss etc. indicates that this might have been going on unnoticed for some time already.

He might have been attacked by some kind of predator. Did you check him all over carefully to see if there are more injuries to his body? There might be undetected wounds festering...

How does his poop look?

Sometimes we have to do what is best for the animals in our care, and if it is beyond help, the only responsible thing to do is to stop the useless suffering and put them out of their misery.

Is its crop emptying through the night? Another wounds?

If this bird is suffering then culling is the humane thing to do. Don't let it go long without eating/drinking.
Yes, it is eating and drinking, like normal (by normal I mean when she's feeding it, it does feed on it and poops as well)

Back
Top Bottom