Please help my baby chicks are sick

Anna1991

In the Brooder
Feb 22, 2021
My baby chicks have been pooping blood for more than a week. I treated them with sulphadiazine Trimethoprim Bolus tablets as told by the store guy. I used the medicine for 5 days. But there has been no good result. I started deworming them with Albendazole. But still no result. My chicks are still roaming around happily. They have no visible symptoms. What should I do?

My baby chicks have been pooping blood for more than a week. I treated them with sulphadiazine Trimethoprim Bolus tablets as told by the store guy. I used the medicine for 5 days. But there has been no good result. I started deworming them with Albendazole. But still no result. My chicks are still roaming around happily. They have no visible symptoms. What should I do?
Can you please post pictures of your chicks and their poops?
What are you feeding them?
How old are they?
Where are they living? Pictures please.
I would treat with amprolium (Corid) if I saw blood in chick poop. The dose is 2 tps 9.6% Corid to one gallon of water. Give this as the sole source of drinking water for 7 days, changing the water daily.
After 7 days, drop the concentration to 1 tsp per gallon of water and continue to treat for another 7 days.

IMG20210225111802.jpg
IMG20210225111753.jpg

If it’s coccidiosis, I’ve successfully treated it with the oregano oil, cinnamon, garlic mixture (recipe found online) there are 8 or 9 strains, I don’t know if this works for all. I’ll try to find some links

If it’s coccidiosis, I’ve successfully treated it with the oregano oil, cinnamon, garlic mixture (recipe found online) there are 8 or 9 strains, I don’t know if this works for all. I’ll try to find some links
Thank you so much. I will try it.

So sorry I couldn’t find a link and fell asleep.
I crush a clove of garlic(it’s huge and homegrown )I’d probably do two or three if it was store bought, around three tablespoons acv, two tablespoons cinnamon, and four drops of oregano oil(80% carvacrol) in a liter jug. Sometimes I put local honey in too. Almost fill with water and shake. I’m not very specific on amounts. They don’t drink it as fast as regular water so I would alternate with water a couple times a day. and I usually add a couple drops of oregano oil to their water as it floats.
Hope this helps you, it worked wonders for my chicks, I was blown away with the results. Even my smallest chick at the time was pooping blood and getting weak and he’s fully recovered. A batch hatched during this outbreak and I made sure to put fresh dirt from outside in the brooder and give them a weak dose of the concoction every couple days

So sorry I couldn’t find a link and fell asleep.
I crush a clove of garlic(it’s huge and homegrown )I’d probably do two or three if it was store bought, around three tablespoons acv, two tablespoons cinnamon, and four drops of oregano oil(80% carvacrol) in a liter jug. Sometimes I put local honey in too. Almost fill with water and shake. I’m not very specific on amounts. They don’t drink it as fast as regular water so I would alternate with water a couple times a day. and I usually add a couple drops of oregano oil to their water as it floats.
Hope this helps you, it worked wonders for my chicks, I was blown away with the results. Even my smallest chick at the time was pooping blood and getting weak and he’s fully recovered. A batch hatched during this outbreak and I made sure to put fresh dirt from outside in the brooder and give them a weak dose of the concoction every couple days
Tysm that's a big help. I raise my chicks as pets. They follow me around the whole day like little puppies, rest on my head and sleep on my lap if they get tired. I was heartbroken when I found out that there is no vet treating chicks here in the city and also there is no amprolium powder available. I want them to grow up happily not suffer due to any kind of illness. Your advice is really helpful. Thanks a lot.

Back
Top Bottom