Please help! My Ducks hurt!!

FathertoFeathers

Songster
Aug 26, 2019
Tennessee
Earlier today while I was gone my dog got loose and killed two ducks and injured one pretty badly. She's bleeding from her hip area and I found what looked like a puncture wound but it was hard to tell. I cleaned it out with hydrogen peroxide and put on prescription strength antibiotic ointment. What else should I do for her? Im leaving town for a week and won't have reception for the majority of it. What should I do before hand to help her and what should I do to have the people watching the ducks do? Please help me!

I would not use the peroxide again, since it can prevent healing. Instead use Betadine or Hibiclens and water to clean the wound twice a day. Vetericyn wound spray is also good instead. Keep applying the antibiotic ointment twice a day. How is she acting, and is she able to walk and is she taking food and water? Would you be able to take her with her in a dog crate or show someone exactly how to care for her?

I would not use the peroxide again, since it can prevent healing. Instead use Betadine or Hibiclens and water to clean the wound twice a day. Vetericyn wound spray is also good instead. Keep applying the antibiotic ointment twice a day. How is she acting, and is she able to walk and is she taking food and water? Would you be able to take her with her in a dog crate or show someone exactly how to care for her?
She can walk but she limps pretty badly. She has drank some water but I haven’t seen her eat. She is mainly just sitting by the kiddie pool. I could show the caretakers what to do for her.

Back
Top Bottom