PLEASE HELP my parents used calcium hydroxide on my chickens to treat lices

Just a light dust in the air is dangerous. So, you need to shower as well. Treat everything that was touched.

I worked with people who have infectious diseases, so I know about cross contamination. You know how people use wipes on their grocery carts thinking they are good to go? Well what about the number of times people pick up and put something on a shelf? All that is possible points of cross contamination when it comes to diseases.

I sprinkle it on the grass before a good rain to kill fleas and pathogens . After a day or so its safe to let my dogs back on the grass. Makes a great white wash for barns and coops too.
You just have to be familiar with it and know how to use it.It will burn the chickens feet if they get on it and water activates it(makes it react)

Watch for irritation and burns that may develop. Your parents meant well, so take it easy on them. This stuff is really bad in the lungs, or eyes.
How long am I supposed to soak them in water?
2929B8FF-0A46-418C-AF1F-6FC7EB501E5A.jpeg
31DD8E69-2170-441A-8D83-E4C8687103C4.jpeg

I sprinkle it on the grass before a good rain to kill fleas and pathogens . After a day or so its safe to let my dogs back on the grass. Makes a great white wash for barns and coops too.
You just have to be familiar with it and know how to use it.It will burn the chickens feet if they get on it and water activates it(makes it react)
Yes, and that is why the chickens, and everything must be repeatedly washed and rinsed.

What kind of chickens do you have.

Back
Top Bottom