Ponyoandfriends

Hatching
Jun 16, 2022
Hello guys I recently made a account here so I could get some help with my silkie. I started raising chickens last year and have them as pets and earlier as I was putting the chickens away because of storm threat I noticed that my silkie hen is badly injured underneath and I didn’t find anything online! Please do let me know what you think it could be!!

Attachments

• 08EF1C90-754F-4DE3-B674-CC447A0C9FD8.jpeg
    08EF1C90-754F-4DE3-B674-CC447A0C9FD8.jpeg
    514.1 KB · Views: 5
I personally have no clue but for people who know we need more info on this chicken, where exactly is this injury? How old is she? Was there a chance of anything getting to her to hurt her like predators? Also please more pictures. Also how is she acting? Is she eating drinking and acting normal? Or is she acting off?

Hello guys I recently made a account here so I could get some help with my silkie. I started raising chickens last year and have them as pets and earlier as I was putting the chickens away because of storm threat I noticed that my silkie hen is badly injured underneath and I didn’t find anything online! Please do let me know what you think it could be!!
Welcome To BYC

Does she sit a lot or is she broody a lot?
What's your coop/run like?
Does she roost?

Photos of your coop/run would be good.

When you picked her up, did you notice any bugs on her?

Any bad odors?

When you feel of the scab and wound, is it hard or soft?

To me it looks like it may be healing, but I'd swab it with Chlorhexidine, then apply a little vetericyn spray or triple antibiotic ointment.
Keep her on clean dry bedding. If she's sitting a lot, encourage her to get up and move.

Does she seem to be acting normal - eating/drinking?

Back
Top Bottom