please help. not walking correctly

Addison

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
so i was hoping i can trust my brother to take care of my chicks (2 weeks old) to take care of them while i was gone for the weekend. Came back and their brooder was so overfilled with their mess. Anyways, 2 of them are not walking right. my barred rock is walking on his knees and not his feet. The left leg of my white leghorn is not moving at all but walking just fine on her right leg. I have no idea what to do to. I am really worried, please send some advice on what to do.

Thanks all.

is there any sign of injury?
ask your brother how long they have been doing this
what kind of bedding are they on?

I would clean them up and put them on an old towel that you can throw our when done

i cleaned them up and no sign of injury at all. my brother didnt notice it all. its just so weird. i couldnt find any information on here about walkin on their "knees".

Perhaps if he forgot to clean the brooder, he also forgot to feed them properly, put in fresh water and keep the brooder temperature montiored. I would try vitamins for a few days.

Thanks, I will put them on vitamins ASAP. I would be really sad if anything happens. Ive grown so attached to them.

okay so i went to the farm store and they recommended using terramycin and vitamins with electrolytes. They told me i should use terramycin for 14 days then start off with the vitamins. That doesnt make sense to me. Why cant i just mix it together. i dont wanna wait that long for them to start taking vitamins.

Does anyone know if they are right?

Back
Top Bottom