Announcement Please Help & Reply To Unanswered Threads

Pics
It seems that no one is getting answers again. Threads from days ago still have no replies!
The list is getting a little long. A lot of sell threads.

BTW, just a tip for everyone....posting a post on an unanswered thread just to tag people to come and answer the unanswered threads is not really answering unanswered threads...or is it?🤔

I’d say it is if it’s all you can do.
Is it?

So if an unanswered thread is answered with a post with a bunch of tags, it's deemed "answered" right?

You do realize that now the thread shows in the forums as having an "answer". So it might actually get passed by. Doing this may also bring newer threads to the very top while pushing older unanswered threads down on the list.

Just sayin'...

Doesn't really matter to me I suppose. Going down the list. Yep. It's got a reply so it's been taken care of. No worries.

Is it?

So if an unanswered thread is answered with a post with a bunch of tags, it's deemed "answered" right?

You do realize that now the thread shows in the forums as having an "answer". So it might actually get passed by. Doing this may also bring newer threads to the very top while pushing older unanswered threads down on the list.

Just sayin'...

Doesn't really matter to me I suppose. Going down the list. Yep. It's got a reply so it's been taken care of. No worries.
Yes, I’m aware that this happens but maybe sometimes someone who can actually help won’t see it unless they get tagged… or sometimes someone that could actually help skips through since it’s already answered.

It could go both ways. I guess you’re right.

BTW, just a tip for everyone....posting a post on an unanswered thread just to tag people to come and answer the unanswered threads is not really answering unanswered threads...or is it?🤔
Great question!

I'd rather see someone PM another member with a link and ask them to respond. That way, if the person doesn't have a chance to answer, then the "unanswered" thread isn't left with the only reply being a tag... which wouldn't be the best outcome or a great 1st impression from someone new looking for help.

Is it?

Just sayin'...

If I tag someone, it's because I respect their opinion. And because, I am concerned for the bird/animal involved. My poultry medical knowledge is very limited.
I hope that I'm not annoying anyone when I tag them. If so, I'd prefer to get a pm requesting that I not tag them again.

If I tag someone, it's because I respect their opinion. And because, I am concerned for the bird/animal involved. My poultry medical knowledge is very limited.
I hope that I'm not annoying anyone when I tag them. If so, I'd prefer to get a pm requesting that I not tag them again.
This is why I knew I shouldn't have even said anything, because it always leads to some type of misunderstanding.

I don't think anyone minds being tagged, including me.

The issue I see is someone starts a thread in *any category* take your pick.

A new thread is started and someone asks a question.
Someone "replies" by tagging let's say 5 people. So there's a "reply" that that only reads:

@aaaa @bbbb @cccc @DDDD @eeee

And that is it. Nothing else is in that reply. Here's the deal. NOW that thread shows as having a "reply" Or it's been answered.

At least SAY something to the OP.

A lot of folks do and that's great, but some don't.
It doesn't have to be elaborate. Just say something like Welcome!
I see you have a question, hopefully someone may be able to help you find a solution. I'll tag few people to see if they have some suggestions @aaaa @bbbb @cccc @DDDD @eeee

The thread is STILL going to show up as having a reply *answered* when you do this, but at least the OP not left hanging with a bunch of tags.

I'm not saying not to tag people, that's not the issue.

This is why I knew I shouldn't have even said anything, because it always leads to some type of misunderstanding.

I don't think anyone minds being tagged, including me.

The issue I see is someone starts a thread in *any category* take your pick.

A new thread is started and someone asks a question.
Someone "replies" by tagging let's say 5 people. So there's a "reply" that that only reads:

@aaaa @bbbb @cccc @DDDD @eeee

And that is it. Nothing else is in that reply. Here's the deal. NOW that thread shows as having a "reply" Or it's been answered.

At least SAY something to the OP.

A lot of folks do and that's great, but some don't.
It doesn't have to be elaborate. Just say something like Welcome!
I see you have a question, hopefully someone may be able to help you find a solution. I'll tag few people to see if they have some suggestions @aaaa @bbbb @cccc @DDDD @eeee

The thread is STILL going to show up as having a reply *answered* when you do this, but at least the OP not left hanging with a bunch of tags.

I'm not saying not to tag people, that's not the issue.
No, don't be sorry for saying what you feel. I'm not trying to be confrontational or passive aggressive. I hope it didnt come out that way.
I was just stating, that if someone is anoyed or offended by my tagging them, I I'd like to be pm'd so that I don't do so again.
I respect your opinion and your knowledge. I have requested your help, on occasion, on behalf of a new member. I hope that I have not offended you or anyone else.
As I said, I only tag someone if I am concerned about a bird, and I can't offer any constructive advice.

Back
Top Bottom