Research those collars before you get one. If you do get one, make sure your pet sitter watches that bird closely to be sure the collar doesn't strangle it.
Yeah there's not enough time to get used to something like that before we go.

So if She is indeed a He, and he is not crowing now... what do you think the chances are for full-on crowing in the next seven days? I mean, does crowing just start instantly or do they "work up" to it?!

I have and have used the No-Crow Collar from Mypetchickens.com and it worked amazing! My neighbors didn't even know I had chickens until the day I sold them and was carrying them through the yard in cages! No crow collars do work! But you need to get the proper fitting on and put it on right!

Also all the roosters I had always made tiny immature crows trying to get their "manly" crow. It takes them a little to get the hang of it!

If you can't get one in time, you can take velco strips and make one yourself!
Do they work well? I wonder if I can get one in Canada.

I have and have used the No-Crow Collar from Mypetchickens.com and it worked amazing! My neighbors didn't even know I had chickens until the day I sold them and was carrying them through the yard in cages! No crow collars do work! But you need to get the proper fitting on and put it on right!

If you can't get one in time, you can take velco strips and make one yourself!

Wow that's amazing. It doesn't hurt them at all?

Before I could get my No-crow collar in the mail, my rooster was full grown and crowing loud. I bought velcro strips and made one myself. I used YouTube videos to guide me. I left it on my rooster 24/7 never took it off and the first couple hours to about a day he would walk backwards and then he got use to it. His crow sounded like a child mimicking a rooster. By the time my collar came in the mail, he was use to it. It does not hurt the rooster at all, just make sure theres nothing his collar will snag on. It stops the vocal cords from vibrating so the noise is lowered. My rooster eventually started to only crow a couple time when I let them out of their coops. After a couple trys he gave up on crowing.

For just a short e while you are gone, you might try keeping him in a dark place. If it is dark 12 hrs. Per day, hormones could be put on pause. Then you could decide later.

Back
Top Bottom