Please help Serbian highflyers leg ripped off by rat

If you don't have antibiotics you can try coating the wound with honey.
Good luck.:fl
We have a spray which stops infections and keeps away bugs, it’s purple. I’ll be using it on the bird when I can find the wound, it’s SO hard to find it :barnie

He still seems fine, he did have some very bright green droppings though. And he’s beginning to learn how to use his leg in standing.

When I put the female he was supposed to be paired up with back with the other new birds she had a bearded male showing off at her. Now they are paired up... I may pair him up with the Serbian highflyer hen which is on my profile pic.

We have a spray which stops infections and keeps away bugs, it’s purple. I’ll be using it on the bird when I can find the wound, it’s SO hard to find it :barnie

He still seems fine, he did have some very bright green droppings though. And he’s beginning to learn how to use his leg in standing.
Blu-kote and similar products will not stop infections. He needs to have that wound thoroughly cleaned with betadine and dressed with honey or antibiotic ointment—hopefully it’s not too late and the bone hasn’t become infected.
I’ve seen many one-legged pigeons but as said, that is from a constriction wound with no blood loss and very little chance for infection. A rat bite is another story.

I don’t really understand how you can’t find the wound? His entire leg is ripped off, no? Can you trim feathers back?

I don’t really understand how you can’t find the wound? His entire leg is ripped off, no? Can you trim feathers back?
A pigeon holder might help the OP to examine..

images

Back
Top Bottom