Please help sexing these young Isbars...Thanks

With the orange color I would say they are all males. I could be wrong because I have never observed that color in a hen. My splash hens are blue and white, period.

My rooster doesn't have any of the orange coloring either.

If you go to Feathersite here : http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGD/Isbar/BRKIsbar.html you can see pictures of Isbars with the orange coloring. The splash hen shown on feathersite appears to have a bit of orange too.

I am not good at sexing birds and am often wrong on my own birds. That is why I don't do it for anyone else's.

I should have mentioned the other two dark ones are silkies. Only the splash is an isbar.
Yes, I just noticed the feathers on their legs. I thought the Isbar looked like a light blue. Didn't realize it was a splash. Here's a pic of my Isbar chicks. My splash chicks were yellow or yellow & black

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 61
I am not convinced of the boy-ness of the bunch. Allyn could you please let us know how old these guys are? Isbars are very rare (as in $99/unsexed chick) ever in the States so I/we are not super experienced in the sexing. More info would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom