Please help! Something attacked my hen!

It probably itches as it's healing. Hopefully it won't take much longer. As @ChickensComeHome2Roost said, keep ointment on it (and keep cleaning it with the saline spray) twice daily and it should heal up soon.
This is almost 2 weeks in… taking a long time! Molting not helping her either! Her confidence is coming back though. I was going to bath her but I think she has had enough stress lately! Is that link around sound okay? Healthy skin? 🙏🏻

Attachments

• E552A879-E9FC-4099-8AD6-18EE11B053CF.jpeg
    E552A879-E9FC-4099-8AD6-18EE11B053CF.jpeg
    390.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 7E3C9ED2-637A-4AEF-9986-5672BB544E89.jpeg
    7E3C9ED2-637A-4AEF-9986-5672BB544E89.jpeg
    691.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I didn’t know that! I’m so glad she ended up okay! I worry about dogs too in my neighborhood. My yard is fenced but dogs can jump!!
Where we live is really isolated. We don't get dogs very often. Knock on wood. I should say we didn't. A relative (with dogs) just built a retirement home practically in our back yard on property they own. I told her my laying hens are worth $25 each. We'll hope there are no problems. They haven't moved in yet.

Where we live is really isolated. We don't get dogs very often. Knock on wood. I should say we didn't. A relative (with dogs) just built a retirement home practically in our back yard on property they own. I told her my laying hens are worth $25 each. We'll hope there are no problems. They haven't moved in yet.
You should have told them $50 each! ;) I live in mountains about 6000ft of elevation here and people tend to be irresponsible with their pets… dogs and cats (occassional cow) are often roaming free. I had two HUGE dogs at my gate one day who could have easily gotten over my 4 foot fence. They had no interest in my girls thank goodness! Raccoons and hawks and bears are my biggest threat! We had a family of 5 raccoons living under our deck. I think they are gone now. Bears I do my best.. if they want my girls I’m not sure I could stop them! I have a strong predator sprinkler I set up nightly so if anything walks in front of my run.. wham! I’ve been hit many times with it! Ha! Here is my set up now… Open air with hardware cloth but bears are big and probably no match for that!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    686.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom