***PLEASE*** HELP!!! Very sick Jersey Giant Rooster!!!!

What would you suggest? I was contemplating giving him a bath. I have a 100% natural flea and tick shampoo I was thinking about using. It also kills eggs (flea and tick) and larva on contact. But for the rest of my flock? Is there a natural powder I don't want to use sevin dust because its so full of chemicals.
Go to TSC or a feed store and buy some poultry dust.

okay my i know how to take care of that problem do you have downy or and kind of cloths softner if so get a 5 gallon white buket fom lowes or walmart put 2 cups of cloth softner it can be downy or gain but make sure it's softner NOT detergint and sink him in there for 5 to 7minutes make sure his head is near the water make sure the ear lob part is not under water and make sure the feathers are getting soak and wit and keep him in ur house intell he is dry or else he will get sick easy thanks this happend to me thanks hope this helps
If you get him wet right now you could kill him! Do not give him a bath!

mites lice or any of this things will die if you soak him in downy or gain softner like i wrote on the other reply it works i do this every time in the summer to my chickens and the chicken cages put 7dust in a hair spray and spray those cages i do that every month in the summer there everywhere

mites lice or any of this things will die if you soak him in downy or gain softner like i wrote on the other reply it works i do this every time in the summer to my chickens and the chicken cages put 7dust in a hair spray and spray those cages i do that every month in the summer there everywhere
And the bath will kill a chicken that's very sick.

Ok I wasn't planning on doing it now. I just saw a YouTube video of Newcastle (have never heard of it) and that is exactly what he is doing. What are my options?

Could the mites be causing these symptoms???

One great thing about BYC is having so many folks tryin' to help one another. However, at times, havin' so many folks tryin' to help one person is not such a good thing. You've got the advice of casportpony, for whom I hold much respect ... strongly urge you to follow her advice closely.

DO NOT GET THIS BIRD WET & DO NOT LET IT STAY/GET COLD.
Mites/lice are a secondary issue, and can be safely treated w/ any poultry/garden dust that contains permethrin ... that's the manmade counterpart to permethrum, which is all natural, but permethrin is arguably safer, and more effective, as it will break down w/in about thirty days, provided that it's used w/o a synergist.

You should always wash up, both before and after dealin' w/ your chickens. Provided you practice reasonable caution, you're never likely to get sick from your chickens, and they're not gonna catch colds/flu from you ... they have their own viral enemies, which are different from mankind's, and the same holds true for your dogs.

Ok I wasn't planning on doing it now. I just saw a YouTube video of Newcastle (have never heard of it) and that is exactly what he is doing. What are my options?

If you look in my signature, you will find a link to aid in diagnosing illnesses based upon symptoms, and also Merck's Vet Manual, where you can find many details on various diseases.

One logic I suggest folks apply, which may seem a bit strange ... identify those illness for which there is a treatment, and skip right on past those that have none, 'til all other possibilities have been eliminated.

Also ... if you haven't yet started the ACV? Do that for all your birds, first thing in the morning. Whatever it is that's affecting this rooster will very likely be affecting them as well ... again? It may aid in the prevention of infection, or help to detoxify if that's the case, and is a treatment for a wide spectrum of respiratory illnesses.

The main thing, for now: Keep him warm, and keep him well hydrated.

My chickens had alot of those symptoms one time and i found out that they had worms. I would recomend using Wazine17. It worked within 4 days.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom