Please help! Why is my duck’s dropping light orange and white?

Drowsy_808

Chirping
Aug 29, 2022
She last ate mussels. We’ve been feeding her it regularly since we’re out of duck feed, but this has never happened before.
I believe there isn’t any orange in mussels, so I’m not sure why she’s had an orange dropping or what it’s indicating. She’s also been shaking her head and generally feeling unwell. She’s been pooping dark green to black too. Does anyone know?

She is one and a half years old.
We’ve been out of duck feed for awhile, unfortunately, but it’s supposed to be arriving soon. While we don’t have duck feed, we’ve been switching between feeding her vegetables, usually leafy greens and seafood, such as shrimps and mussels. We would usually give her rice as a meal too.
She currently has a respiratory infection from bacteria.

Attachments

• 3AA4C83F-7344-418E-B3AF-ECEFED7A9BB8.jpeg
    3AA4C83F-7344-418E-B3AF-ECEFED7A9BB8.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 1
Is she being treated with antibiotics for the respiratory infection? The consistency of the poop is what it looks like when a duck not receiving the correct nutrition. The color could be from a mix of poor nutrition and the bacteria infection.

Is she being treated with antibiotics for the respiratory infection? The consistency of the poop is what it looks like when a duck not receiving the correct nutrition. The color could be from a mix of poor nutrition and the bacteria infection.
Unfortunately, she isn’t. We’re planning on buying amoxicillin for her soon. There aren’t many duck vets nearby and the one vet that does see ducks nearby can’t find the exact infection she has.

Thank you for letting me know.
There’s only three more days until her feed arrives, so we’ll give her rice and vegetables in the meantime along with some calcium.

Back
Top Bottom