Please help with 50th birthday surprise....

MandyH

You'll shoot your eye out!
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
Elvis' birthplace......
I am giving my mother a 50th birthday surprise party in about 10 days. I need as many suggestions as to what gag gifts, party decorations, etc I can use. This will be a family get together so please lets keep it clean. Thanks in advance for any useful suggestions.

Hey my Mom just had her 50th on the 21st this month!
Of course black balloons! If you have Spencer's near you, they have a lot Over the Hill stuff...some clean some very naughty. I picked her up a "Vintage 1957" T-shirt from there....she loved it.

Thanks Angie,
My mom is a nut AND she knows everybody in town so it's very hard to surprise her usually. I've got her a black corsage coming and a black funeral spray!! LOL. I am trying to get my grandmother to get me some pictures together so I can do a "This is Your Life" kind of scrapbook for her too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get some photos together and add captions and put music with them and run a slideshow, you can have all the family photos, they will get a kick out of looking at them. Just have it going on a wall or screen so its not the centrepoint attraction but an added item. They will all stand around and laugh, beware they will probably all want a copy.!!!

LOL, last year I gave my husband(Scot) a surprise 50th. One of the games was "Guess Scot's Age". The entrant, put the guess(well it was a no-brainer of course-just a little extra reminder to grind in his old age) on the paper along with their name and put it in the hat. - first entry drawn with the correct answer won a gift certificate to a nice local restaurant - the prize/s can be anything of course. HAVE FUN!

We just had a 50th b-day party for my sister-in-law and we used "vintage" barbie dolls for the centerpieces for each table. We had a table filled with old toys, games, records (that's like a cd for you young ones) and a poster with all facts about 1957. It was a lot of fun for people to look at during the party.

Quote:
started to post but reread and I got nothing

I got something clean when FIL turned 60 someone got him a NY times from the day he was born, I think it was a condensed version, but had headlines and what things cost coffee 20 cents....gasoline 35 cent.....kinda neat

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom