Please help with sick peacock

Okay when we first got her, her and her brother were in the coop in the pic for about a month and then we put them out side in the 40' 40 coop with the rest of our flock, inside the coop has straw in the enclosed area and outside was grass and patches of dirt where we had cut the Johnson grass to build the coop. after a few days I had noticed her breathing weird so I brought her in that day amd treated her with Tylan 50 at .25 cc twice a day for 5 days as well as dosed her with safeguard. I will post a better pic of her. Im not sure whats going on with her feather to be honest because its been 3 weeks now and she hasn't been around any of my other animals shes been in the house since the day I noticed her breathing weird.

her tail feathers look kind of ruff and it looks to me th at they are starting to curl in some spots.
her feathers on he neck are really thon and I can see the skin. Herbrothers the saSam age and hes fully feathered on his neck and his tail feathers are normal

I have one question...I have had electrolytes and probiotics in her drinking water with for 5 days now. How long should I wait to start the Tylan after stopping the probiotics?

The wire is only on the bottom and the sides is a real thin mesh netting, whats really weird is just befor the ends of her tail feathers its almost like a hard plastic coating wraps around the feather its self. I spoke to my husband and Im going to try to find a vet in our area that sees birds as well and see if he cant give us a diagnosis on her so I can to the bottom of this and get her better. Shes going to be inside my house until Spring because I dont want to put her out in the cold.

Back
Top Bottom