Please help!

If your conditions are the same as they've always been for previous broods, there is clearly some pathogen at works.
It sounds like it came to your place with the hatchery birds. That doesn't mean it came from the hatchery. The chicks could have been next to chicks on the plane or in a sorting facility from somewhere else that had an infection.

Ya, who knows? I just received my replacement chicks today and they all look much better, minus one chick with splayed legs. I'm keeping them TOTALLY separate from everyone else.... Just in case

And now bright green poop

Ok, so I thought I'd update everyone. We've moved all the chicks to the outdoor brooder and they are all doing great. At this point I still had no idea what had happened.... Then today I get a letter from our rural water company telling me the water in our area had been tested to have high lead content (Like scary high). I'm not sure if this was the issue, but I'm highly suspect since outside we use well water for everything outside, and the rural water for inside the home. Seeing as since I switched the chicks water source they all started doing better.

That's a possibility. It could always be so many different things we often don't think of.

What are you doing for your personal water, (drinking, cooking, bathing, etc.)?
You aren't in Flint, MI are you?

No, we're South of Wichita, ks. For now we're just filling up jugs from the well water and culligan is coming out today :)

Back
Top Bottom