Please help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by balie donn, Mar 12, 2016.

1. balie donn

balie donn New Egg

Mar 12, 2016
    I have two plymouth rock hens that are really sick looking. I just bought them last week and they we're fine when I got them. One is making a funny noise and gasping for breath , while the other has swollen, pussy eyes and a snoty nose. Does anyone know what is wrong with them?

2. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] great to have you joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

I would add a little ACV to their water and feed them a hard boiled egg everyday for a week I know it is an old fashion way to do things but it still works for the most part .....

You should also post in the Emergency-Diseases-Injures and Cures and you should get some good advice [​IMG]

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. I'd certainly support Gander007's advice about a re-post. Adding vitamin supplements / electrolytes to their water will help to boost their immune system.

All the best

CT

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please post in fullest detail - age, how long this has been going on, etc. at "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread.

5. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Sorry your birds are ill. Hopefully the emergency forum experts can help you figure out the best course of action to get them back in the pink again.

Good luck!

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by