Please help!

My niacin should be arriving tomorrow, but now I noticed that it's losing it's feathers. I was wondering if it has to do cause the lack of niacin or it's another serious problem?

My niacin should be arriving tomorrow, but now I noticed that it's losing it's feathers. I was wondering if it has to do cause the lack of niacin or it's another serious problem?
@Josiecast Do you mean it's losing it's downy feathers? because that is normal right before they begin to grow their feathers they can look naked in places. wings for one and sometimes neck area.

Can you post some pics?

@Josiecast
  Do you mean it's losing it's downy feathers? because that is normal right before they begin to grow their feathers they can look naked in places. wings for one and sometimes neck area.

Can you post some pics?

I'll post a picture when I get home and I'll make sure to tag you :)

I'll post a picture when I get home and I'll make sure to tag you
smile.png
thumbsup.gif

I just received my niacin 100mg pills, does anyone know how much to put in the food or water. Don't wanna over do it. P.s I have to ducks that share the water and feed.

I just received my niacin 100mg pills, does anyone know how much to put in the food or water. Don't wanna over do it. P.s I have to ducks that share the water and feed.
11/2 tablets crushed and into a one gallon of water mixed well. Both ducks will benefit from it.

Are you giving your duckling with the leg trouble water time it will help alot if you can let it have warm water therapy at least 1X a day always stay right with them. But swimming around in the water is a great way to help build up strong leg muscles. Both ducklings will enjoy it. If you haven't yet start them off with warm water just to top of their legs then gradually make it deeper.

@Josiecast

Last edited:
11/2 tablets crushed and into a one gallon of water mixed well. Both ducks will benefit from it.

Are you giving your duckling with the leg trouble water time it will help alot if you can let it have warm water therapy at least 1X a day  always stay right with them. But swimming around in the water is a great way to help build up strong leg muscles.  Both ducklings will enjoy it. If you haven't yet start them off with warm water just to top of their legs then gradually make it deeper. 

@Josiecast

Thanks hopefully they like this one cause they didn't like the brewers yeast. And yes I've been giving him atleast 10 minutes in the pool. These are the scars that I noticed about a week ago, I put blue Kute, but I don't see a difference.
[/IMG]

Thanks hopefully they like this one cause they didn't like the brewers yeast. And yes I've been giving him atleast 10 minutes in the pool. These are the scars that I noticed about a week ago, I put blue Kute, but I don't see a difference.
[/IMG]

Since this is going in their water and they only have water to drink they should get enough hopefully. Are you using a water er they can dunk their whole head into so they can clean their nares and eyes? That is very important.

As for the feather loss not sure if maybe the other duckling is nibbling it does happen where are they most of the time? because boredom can cause feather chewing and pulling. But it may just be the large pin feathers are coming in too. Keep the blue kote on because that can discourage feather picking. How old are they looks like large wing feathers are coming in. How about pics of the whole duckling. Eating drinking okay?@Josiecast

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom