Please help!

@Josiecast Your setup looks pretty good other than leaving them in there with out protection form preds that can climb or stick their arms through the chicken wire and try and pull your ducks through is not good. Poultry fencing will only keep your ducks inside not predators out. And for some reason ducks like to lay along fences so they are prime targets for raccoons

@Tevyes Dad can share his story with you.

Ask you dad to please add at least 2' of hard ware wire around the bottom up so nothing can reach inside and grab.

and you need something over the top secured down on your pen so climbers can get in or flying preds. Yes there is alot to do when it comes to keeping our pets safe but it's worth it in the long run.

I hope Popcorn begins to feel good too. Hopefully the niacin water will help him get on his legs. But here I was thinking you had babies and you have juvies. yes they are still ducklings but not tiny as I pictured them. So get them a small bucket to drink out of so they can dunk their heads drink their niacin water out of. Or a deep bowl for now if Popcorn can't stand long to drink out of a bucket.

Is you dad going to add a door on the front of your shed? I hope he does and if he is ask him to cut a nice size window in it for ventilation because they need good air flow inside their house. it can just be cut out with hard ware wire out over the hole[ 2] would be good one at top and one at mid the one at mid can be covered in winter if you get frigid temps but the one at top will let out moisture the ducks make and keep their house drier and warmer.

Lots to think about.
smile.png

Keep us updated on Popcorn.

I like your stock tank too, dad going to build a nice wide ramp for them to use or is he going to sink it in the ground?

Last edited:

My dad made them this cage/coop for now till we buy more fence to expand it. I usually let them out and put them by a tree that gives them plenty of shade during the day. If you have any other advice for me, I will greatly appreciate it :)
this setup looks awesome! the only thing i would add is some bedding on that floor area in the back, with like a 4" threshold, and some nest boxes, they like to feel safe but also like privacy

and out at least 1/2" hardware cloth over the kennel walls, a weasel can squeeze into anything the size of a quarter

We have a lock on the door, and we put wood on the ground surrounding the fence so they cant dig under it.
you may want to look into burying HWC
like this:

coop-hardware-cloth-skirt.jpg

I have something similar to this for my ducks cause its deeper, we built a little so they could get in and out without trouble.
awesome!! are you burying it or making a nice ramp?

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:

i am sorry you are having a rough go with your calls,
hugs.gif
i wish you luck with them, i know how difficult they can be

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the helpful advice, I could see some improvement, he got his appetite back which is a good sign. I've already told my dad about all the advice you guys have given me and he's already gonna change our coop. And as for the water tank, we have a ramp at the moment but I wanna bury it in the ground. :)

Thanks for the helpful advice, I could see some improvement, he got his appetite back which is a good sign. I've already told my dad about all the advice you guys have given me and he's already gonna change our coop. And as for the water tank, we have a ramp at the moment but I wanna bury it in the ground.
smile.png
Sounds like you have a great dad. Please keep us updated on how Popcorn is doing and how your set up is going!!.

Hey guys sorry I haven't posted, I was super busy with finals!! I just wanted to update you guys on popcorn, he's doing so much better. He takes little steps now, he even swims more! I started giving him some vitamins that I bought at tractor supply, and hopefully they help him heal faster :)

Hello Duck Experts.

I am currently on day 22 of incubating call duck eggs. I am worried the air cell is too small to enter into lock down. I have been keeping the humidity around 50%. We did have a few temperature fluctuations so they might be late to hatch.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• air sack1.jpeg
    air sack1.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 3
  • air sack2.jpeg
    air sack2.jpeg
    375.5 KB · Views: 3
  • air sack3.jpeg
    air sack3.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom