Please Help!!!

If I were going to tube that one I would start by making sure she was warm because tubing one that's chilled can kill it. Next I would weigh her and tube no more than 8 ml water per pound, then repeat in 60-90 minutes if crop has mostly cleared, then again in two hours. I would not tube food until I saw her produce some type of poop.

X2!

Also, if you don't wish to keep trying, nobody could fault you for that... I know it has been a long, hard and difficult time with her... I'm just wondering if the improvement seen in her early didn't continue because she wasn't eating enough... if you do wish to try, we're here to support and answer questions... :hugs

After 24+ hours we got some poop, so that's encouraging! I believe she is eating, I just have to put her beak in the food. I'll try to post a video.

I can't figure out how to do the video, it says it doesn't have the proper extension.
She usually lays down, stands, or stumbles in a circle.

What other support are you giving her as far as vitamins?

Are you using the upload a file
Yes, I am. Her total medications/vitamins are one vitamin E capsule squirted into her mouth, niacin water, and polyvisol. She ran through all of the prednisone the vet prescribed. I never could find any of the brewers yeast.
Is it looking likely that this isn't a simple vitamin disorder?

It's neurological mainly I'd say. You don't need Brewers yeast any way if your giving niacin.
Niacin can help with lameness and neurological issues in ducklings we have seen it happen a lot on here. But evidentially there is more going on with your duckling. I wish I knew the answer that would help.

Yup, we'll just have to see how long this continues. If she keeps on like this with for another month Without improvement Would it be reasonable to consider euthanizing her?

Thank you all so much for your support and advice, it's meant the world.

Back
Top Bottom