please help

They do get something that resembles a cold. With mine, it's only ever happened in association with stress eg new birds or changes in the flock. Have once resorted to antibiotics from the vet, but there are also herbal remedies such as apple cider vinegar.

They do get something that resembles a cold. With mine, it's only ever happened in association with stress eg new birds or changes in the flock. Have once resorted to antibiotics from the vet, but there are also herbal remedies such as apple cider vinegar.
but it only sneezed two times so what would that mean and how would i give the apple cider vinegar

Is it a new bird? Have you recently introduced birds to your flock? If possible, it's good to figure out where the disease came from.
Sneezing and mucous are signs of a respiratory infection, which could be caused by any number of bacteria or viruses. Sometimes it can be mild and self-limiting, sometimes it can be treated with antibiotics (if it is bacterial), and unfortunately some respiratory diseases can be devastating and severe.
If this is the only bird acting sick, you can try separating it and giving it supportive care-keep its nares (nostrils) clear from mucous, make sure it has food in easy reach, and consider adding a vitamin/electrolyte mixture to the water (be sure to properly dilute it, less is more)
If it becomes very lethargic, doesn't want to eat, has difficulty breathing or lots of mucous find an avian vet!
Best of luck

Is it a new bird? Have you recently introduced birds to your flock? If possible, it's good to figure out where the disease came from.
Sneezing and mucous are signs of a respiratory infection, which could be caused by any number of bacteria or viruses. Sometimes it can be mild and self-limiting, sometimes it can be treated with antibiotics (if it is bacterial), and unfortunately some respiratory diseases can be devastating and severe.
If this is the only bird acting sick, you can try separating it and giving it supportive care-keep its nares (nostrils) clear from mucous, make sure it has food in easy reach, and consider adding a vitamin/electrolyte mixture to the water (be sure to properly dilute it, less is more)
If it becomes very lethargic, doesn't want to eat, has difficulty breathing or lots of mucous find an avian vet!
Best of luck
well i dont know which one because it has not sneezed again

Maybe the she just got some dust up her nose! :)
I wouldn't do anything else to your chickens, just actively monitor.

but it only sneezed two times so what would that mean and how would i give the apple cider vinegar
ACV is normally mixed in with drinking water. It's a good tonic generally and can be given to all birds. Please check on the internet for concentration bearing in mind the size of your drinking vessel. Don't use it with galvanised vessels. Hope that helps.

How is your bird?

Did she only sneeze 2x? Are you still seeing mucous?

Chickens will sometimes sneeze to clear their nares (nostrils) especially when eating/drinking - this could cause a bit of liquid (water) to be present.

Respiratory illness you would see a fair amount of mucous - a lot of times it will be crusty on the beak and nostrils. The birds would also be continually sneezing.

Let us know how she is doing.

Back
Top Bottom