Please help!

Pastelangel

Hatching
Apr 10, 2021
I have a small Swedish flower hen with a swollen comb/neck area, drainage coming from her mouth and she’s breathing heavily, she also has a cut ranging from the back of her head to her ear but nobody else is harmed or sick at all? I don’t know what to do, she won’t take water or eat!

I have a small Swedish flower hen with a swollen comb/neck area, drainage coming from her mouth and she’s breathing heavily, she also has a cut ranging from the back of her head to her ear but nobody else is harmed or sick at all? I don’t know what to do, she won’t take water or eat!
Can you please share pictures so it's easy to guide you.

I’m not at home right now but I can place some when I get back, she’s inside right now with water and canned cat food

Please post some photos.
If she's been injured, then the swelling and drainage may be from injury. Separate her and inspect her for more injuries.
What does her crop feel like?

Any photos would be helpful, but it sounds like multiple issues. Swelling of any part of the comb, waddles or earlobes is normally caused by the Pasteurella Multocida bacteria which is commonly called Fowl Cholera. As for the fluid coming from her mouth, is there a foul odor at all? This is most likely Sour Crop or an impaction of the crop.

Back
Top Bottom