Please help

I have two more that aren’t as far along is there something I can do to insure they will be okay I thought I was doing everything right 🥺 I kept the temp right and the humidity at 55
I run my eggs at 99.5 or 37.5 with 40-50 humidity but like to stay at 40-45
Till lockdown. I don’t go by day 25 as lockdown
It’s a general day but all kinds of things can cause the babies to come early or late so I go by what my eggs are doing
Once I see shadowing along the air cell I keep a close eye on them for the internal pip. At that point I start lockdown and up my humidity to 65-70
Usually jumps to 70 after they start hatching
I stop turning my eggs when I see the baby has moved into hatch position even if that’s day 23 or day 26
To me it looks like that baby beak in the picture. Was it internal pipped ? Maybe it couldn’t break for external and lost air ?

I ended up opening the egg and took pictures of my findings they are very graphic so I wanted to see if I could post them and get anyones feedback on what happened the yoke was still not absorbed but it does look like unfortunately it did break into the air sack and run out of air. I am so upset.

I ended up opening the egg and took pictures of my findings they are very graphic so I wanted to see if I could post them and get anyones feedback on what happened the yoke was still not absorbed but it does look like unfortunately it did break into the air sack and run out of air. I am so upset.
I would watch your next ones carefully
Candle till an external pip then I don’t open the bator unless I have to help one
Candle them in the morning and at night once you see that internal pip mark it down. Then 24 hours from that if you don’t see an external pip you make a small safety hole above where you see the beak so you don’t hit baby.
I then leave that egg for a good 12 hours. If I don’t see them make the external yet I make the hole just a little bigger and leave them for another 12 hours. At that point I slowly start to help

I have two more that aren’t as far along is there something I can do to insure they will be okay I thought I was doing everything right 🥺 I kept the temp right and the humidity at
I run my eggs at 99.5 or 37.5 with 40-50 humidity but like to stay at 40-45
Till lockdown. I don’t go by day 25 as lockdown
It’s a general day but all kinds of things can cause the babies to come early or late so I go by what my eggs are doing
Once I see shadowing along the air cell I keep a close eye on them for the internal pip. At that point I start lockdown and up my humidity to 65-70
Usually jumps to 70 after they start hatching
I stop turning my eggs when I see the baby has moved into hatch position even if that’s day 23 or day 26
To me it looks like that baby beak in the picture. Was it internal pipped ? Maybe it couldn’t break for external and lost air
I would watch your next ones carefully
Candle till an external pip then I don’t open the bator unless I have to help one
Candle them in the morning and at night once you see that internal pip mark it down. Then 24 hours from that if you don’t see an external pip you make a small safety hole above where you see the beak so you don’t hit baby.
I then leave that egg for a good 12 hours. If I don’t see them make the external yet I make the hole just a little bigger and leave them for another 12 hours. At that point I slowly start to help

Graphic warning

This is how I found him I started to open up at the air sack just incase for some reason he was still alive 😞

Is it normal for them to hatch without the yoke absorbed?

Attachments

• 13BF7477-657F-4F06-8CA8-56E2C1B7946A.jpeg
    13BF7477-657F-4F06-8CA8-56E2C1B7946A.jpeg
    383.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 9102E0E8-5044-4690-BD37-697D0D0A4F2E.jpeg
    9102E0E8-5044-4690-BD37-697D0D0A4F2E.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 3
I’m sorry for the loss of the baby
Don’t be hard on yourself
We learn as we go
I lost 2 my first hatch one I helped do soon and other was at the wrong end
I had no idea what I was doing but I had help from @WVduckchick after that and successfully assisted anther wrong end baby and assisted 2 more that never made the external pip and 2 that hatched themselves
They are 6 months old now and doing great ( girls are even laying eggs )
Now I’m very confident in assisting if needed
My first hatch my girls eggs were still small and I never should have incubated them. I have learned now wait till the mom is a year

I’m sorry for the loss of the baby
Don’t be hard on yourself
We learn as we go
I lost 2 my first hatch one I helped do soon and other was at the wrong end
I had no idea what I was doing but I had help from @WVduckchick after that and successfully assisted anther wrong end baby and assisted 2 more that never made the external pip and 2 that hatched themselves
They are 6 months old now and doing great ( girls are even laying eggs )
Now I’m very confident in assisting if needed
My first hatch my girls eggs were still small and I never should have incubated them. I have learned now wait till the mom is a year
I just feel horrible 😞 I was so excited watching them every day I saw the beak in the air sack but didn’t know what an internal peep was till yesterday

I just feel horrible 😞 I was so excited watching them every day I saw the beak in the air sack but didn’t know what an internal peep was till yesterday
I’m sorry
I feel your pain
I was crushed when I lost mine too
I have learned a lot from those experiences and now can help others in need
My fingers are crossed for your next ones to hatch
What day are they on ?

This is going to make me sound horrible but I honestly don’t know what day they’re on my female was laying on eggs and unfortunately a fisher cat ended up getting them and only three were left in the nest so I grabbed them and throw them in the incubator I can post pictures of those ones if you’d like to see him I just went outside and found another egg laid by my front door so I threw that one in there as well

Back
Top Bottom